[comp.sys.atari.st] I want to get a SIMM upgrade for my 520ST ...

baffoni@alcor.usc.edu (Juxtaposer) (07/20/90)

	I have just come upon some old Mac 256 simms and would like to use
them to upgrade my 520ST.  Does anyone out there have a SIMMable upgrade they
would like to part with, or barring that, could anyone recommend a good
SIMMable upgrade put out commercially.  I am not worried about having to
solder (my warranty is LONG gone...and I work in a PC repair shop), however
I, being the lazy person I am, would like to do as little damage to my mother
board as possible.  Also it would help if the upgrade were constructed so that
I don't need to do much hacking of the interior of my machine - I can do it if
necessary, but a surgeon I am not.

	Thanks Much!

-Mike

ABADDON@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK (07/24/90)

In article <10932@chaph.usc.edu>, baffoni@alcor.usc.edu (Juxtaposer) says:

>        I have just come upon some old Mac 256 simms and would like to use
>them to upgrade my 520ST.  Does anyone out there have a SIMMable upgrade they
>would like to part with, or barring that, could anyone recommend a good
>SIMMable upgrade put out commercially.  I am not worried about having to
>solder (my warranty is LONG gone...and I work in a PC repair shop), however
>I, being the lazy person I am, would like to do as little damage to my mother
>board as possible.  Also it would help if the upgrade were constructed so that
>I don't need to do much hacking of the interior of my machine - I can do it if
>necessary, but a surgeon I am not.
>

>        Thanks Much!
>
>-Mike

I haven't got the ad with me at the moment, so I cant remember all the
details, but Evesham Micros (in the UK) do one. The adverrtisment I
saw quoted 200 pounds for a fully populated 2.5 meg upgrade, or (I
think) 50 pounds for the unpopulated board. It will work with any ST,
will go up to 4 meg, and is, apparrently, a solderless upgrade.
Hope thats some Hellp (arghh, why does this keyboard repeat some
characters on me?)

Kev.

stevec@wren.inmos.co.uk (Steve Clarke) (07/27/90)

In article <90205.143820ABADDON@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> ABADDON@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:
>I haven't got the ad with me at the moment, so I cant remember all the
>details, but Evesham Micros (in the UK) do one. The adverrtisment I
>saw quoted 200 pounds for a fully populated 2.5 meg upgrade, or (I
>think) 50 pounds for the unpopulated board. It will work with any ST,
>will go up to 4 meg, and is, apparrently, a solderless upgrade.
>Hope thats some Hellp (arghh, why does this keyboard repeat some
>characters on me?)
>
>Kev.

I rang Evesham Micros up a few days ago about this memory board, and was
told that it would be available in "two to three weeks".
The price I saw quoted for the unpopulated board was 60 pounds, and for the
fuly-populated (4 meg) board 340 pounds.
---
Stephen Clarke      INMOS Ltd, Bristol | EMail(UK) ukc!inmos!stevec
The opinions above are my personal     |     or    stevec@inmos.co.uk
views and do not reflect INMOS policy. | Internet: stevec@inmos.com