[comp.sys.atari.st] Turbo C++: end of rumor.

rob@baloo.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rob Carriere) (07/27/90)

A couple of days ago I posted a message concerning a story I had from my
parents who were ordering TC 2.0 for me.  The story was that TC 3.0 should be
shipping in a matter of weeks.

As it turns out, this is only true if you have a PC (as opposed to an ST).  It
was a case of not-very-computer-literate parents talking to a sales rep who
assumed that `delayed 2.0 delivery' just _had_ to mean PC without bothering to
check the license number.  As a matter of fact, the 2.0 upgrade must already
have been in the mail when this conversation took place...

Sorry for starting bad rumors.
SR
---

csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod ) (07/27/90)

rob@baloo.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rob Carriere) writes:

>A couple of days ago I posted a message concerning a story I had from my
>parents who were ordering TC 2.0 for me.  The story was that TC 3.0 should be
>shipping in a matter of weeks.

>As it turns out, this is only true if you have a PC (as opposed to an ST).  It
>was a case of not-very-computer-literate parents talking to a sales rep who
>assumed that `delayed 2.0 delivery' just _had_ to mean PC without bothering to
>check the license number.  As a matter of fact, the 2.0 upgrade must already
>have been in the mail when this conversation took place...

>Sorry for starting bad rumors.
Re-issuing the rumours: Some German developpers are currently writing a
complete C++ developper's system - according to their statement in a
German mailbox net conference. Borland Germany is said to do the same,
but this is really a rumour, no facts, no statements so far. Stay tuna!

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de