[comp.sys.atari.st] Does Windows 3.0 work on any IBM emulator?

rcd@cbnewsj.att.com (rana.c.dutt) (08/01/90)

The subject line asks it all:

Does Microsoft Windows 3.0 run on PC Ditto II, PC Speed, Supercharger,
or any other IBM emulator available for the ST?

Thanks,

Rana Dutt
rcd@mtqua.att.com

patrick@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com (Patrick Hawke) (08/01/90)

YES!,

I've successfully installed Windows 3.0 with PC-Ditto II.  It runs at an
acceptable speed.  It does _a_lot_ of disc access due to running in REAL
Mode without any expanded or extended memory.  I have had a problem with
the system locking up / and reporting a memory overflow error.  This was
encountered when I was installing applications.  I have also had the
system lockup when moving the mouse excessively.  This also happens when
in standard applications.

It requires ~4 Meg of disk space.

I used the CGA Mode and the Serial Mouse selections in the Installation.

Hope this helps
-Patrick
patrick@hpmcaa.mcm.hp.com

depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) (08/02/90)

In article <1990Jul31.191424.7980@cbnewsj.att.com> rcd@cbnewsj.att.com (rana.c.dutt) writes:
>The subject line asks it all:
>
>Does Microsoft Windows 3.0 run on PC Ditto II, PC Speed, Supercharger,
>or any other IBM emulator available for the ST?

According to the documentation, WINDOWS 286 is supposed to run without
any problems on Supercharger. I have no idea what WINDOWS 3.0 is, or if
it is for the 286 or 386, but I hope this is helpful.

--
|S. Alan Ezust                                |  depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca|
|McGill University School of Computer Science |  Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |

shipley@tron.UUCP (Bill Shipley) (08/02/90)

Windows 3.0 will run under PCSpeed.

Bill Shipley

ia4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Imran Anwar) (08/03/90)

Can someone tell me price and avilability info on PCSpeed

Imran