[comp.sys.atari.st] UW on the ST...

schultzd@frith.uucp (David Schultz) (08/10/90)

OK, I'm convinced.  UnixWindows sounds like a good program.  Thanks
for all the e-mail replies.  Someone even sent me the Atari side of
the program.

Now, can any kind soul send me the Unix side compiled on a Sun4?  I
realize that UW is on terminator, but isn't that the Atari side.  I
couldn't find the UNix side.  BTW, when I tried to run the Atari side
of UW, downloaded from atari.archive, I got the error message: "You do
not have enough memory to run the application..."

---

--
Case Center for Computer Aided Design, Consultant | schultzd@egr.msu.edu
Association for Computing Machinery, Chairperson  | schultzd@cpsin.cps.msu.edu

In article <1990Aug10.142331.3217@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> schultzd@frith.uucp (David Schultz) writes:
>Now, can any kind soul send me the Unix side compiled on a Sun4?  I
>realize that UW is on terminator, but isn't that the Atari side.  I
>couldn't find the UNix side.  BTW, when I tried to run the Atari side
>of UW, downloaded from atari.archive, I got the error message: "You do
>not have enough memory to run the application..."

In the same directory as the atari UW stuff is a file uw.tar.Z. This is the
complete Unix source & documentation. The Atari source & binaries are in a
separate arc file.

The uw.tar.Z file is a compressed tar file (obviously) and also contains source
for the Mac client. (Not my fault, that's how it's distributed.)
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip

be@nadia.stgt.sub.org (Bernd Ebach) (08/11/90)

schultzd@frith.uucp (David Schultz) writes:

>Now, can any kind soul send me the Unix side compiled on a Sun4?  I
>realize that UW is on terminator, but isn't that the Atari side.  I
>couldn't find the UNix side.  BTW, when I tried to run the Atari side

They are on terminator: uw.tar.Z is host-side source + mac binaries

TschauTschau
		Bernd
Bernd Ebach     UUCP:     be@nadia.stgt.sub.org              be@nadia.UUCP

be@nadia.stgt.sub.org (Bernd Ebach) (08/19/90)

hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:

>In article <1990Aug10.142331.3217@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> schultzd@frith.uucp (David Schultz) writes:

>In the same directory as the atari UW stuff is a file uw.tar.Z. This is the
>complete Unix source & documentation. The Atari source & binaries are in a
>separate arc file.

The Problem is, that this source only compiles under BSD. Is there
a SYSV-Version of the host-side-source out there?