[comp.sys.atari.st] KA9Q package for the Atari ST

henderson@hamavnet.com (07/03/90)

Hello there,

I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.

If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.

Javier Henderson     | henderson@hamavnet.com           | These opinions
Engineering Services | Ham Packet: N6VBG @ KD7XG-1      | are all mine.
Hamilton Avnet       | WWIVNet: 1@2397                  |

BLS7@psuvm.psu.edu (07/04/90)

In article <1683.268f792f@hamavnet.com>, henderson@hamavnet.com says:

>Hello there,
>
>I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
>bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.
>
>If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.

The files for KA9Q are also on terminator.cc.umich.edu for annonomous ftp under
the /atari/telecomm directory.  Thought you would like to know.  :-)

Babs Silvas

mn@atari.UUCP (Mike Nowicki) (07/06/90)

In article <90184.141630BLS7@psuvm.psu.edu> BLS7@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>In article <1683.268f792f@hamavnet.com>, henderson@hamavnet.com says:
>>
>>Hello there,
>>
>>I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
>>bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.
>>
>>If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.
>
>The files for KA9Q are also on terminator.cc.umich.edu for annonomous ftp under
>the /atari/telecomm directory.  Thought you would like to know.  :-)
>
>Babs Silvas

  The KA9Q is a ham radio callsign. Armed with that knowledge you could also
have gone to a public library that has a copy of the ARRL ham radio callsign
directory and found his (or her) address and written them directly.

|  Michael Nowicki   N6LUU      Atari Corp,Sunnyvale CA     /TT/UNIX/X team  |
|............................................................................|
|  char *disclaimer="  Views expressed are my own, not my employer's";       |

Henry_Burdett_Messenger@cup.portal.com (07/06/90)

Babs Silvas writes:

> The files for KA9Q are also on terminator.cc.umich.edu for annonomous ftp und
er
> the /atari/telecomm directory.  Thought you would like to know.  :-)

1. I have it on good authority that the version on Terminator is not current.

2. Not everybody on the net can use FTP. Including myself.
                                     - hbm
Henry B. Messenger                           "You want my reply?
henry_burdett_messenger@cup.portal.com        What was the question?
                                              I was looking at the big sky."

glenne@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Glenn Elmore) (07/06/90)

 Michael Nowicki   N6LUU      writes:

>   The KA9Q is a ham radio callsign. Armed with that knowledge you could also
> have gone to a public library that has a copy of the ARRL ham radio callsign
> directory and found his (or her) address and written them directly.

  However, most of the porting of Phil's code to the ST has been done by
amateurs in Europe, DG2KK and recently PE1CHL. Distribution of current
ST code in the US has been a problem, I've mailed out more diskettes than
I would have preferred because of this.

  Not only could you have gone to the library, but in northern California
anyway you could have used tcp/ip to finger the amateur radio database
which n6oyu runs and gotten the information via radio. Of course
if you only have an Atari that might require the very code you were trying
to get it ....

Glenn Elmore -N6GN-

N6GN @ K3MC
glenn@n6gn.ampr.org
glenne@hpnmd.hp.com

goldstein@carafe.enet.dec.com (Fred R. Goldstein) (07/06/90)

In article <2235@atari.UUCP>, mn@atari.UUCP (Mike Nowicki) writes...
>  The KA9Q is a ham radio callsign. Armed with that knowledge you could also
>have gone to a public library that has a copy of the ARRL ham radio callsign
>directory and found his (or her) address and written them directly.

Not a good idea.  KA9Q is Phil Karn's call sign.  He write the
"original" MS-DOS versions of the code.  Other people then write the
variants, such as the Atari version.  Walter Doerr DK2GG (or DG2KK?) did
one of the ST ports; a later one comes from somebody in Holland.  A
better notesfile to ask in might be rec.ham-radio.packet.
---
Fred R. Goldstein   goldstein@carafe.enet.dec.com
 k1io            or goldstein@delni.enet.dec.com
                    voice:  +1 508 486 7388

deichert@hydra.unm.edu (Diana Eichert) (07/07/90)

'Course you could also ftp to flash.bellcore.com, that's KA9Q's internet
address and I believe there is a directory PEICHL on there also.  I can't
recall if the Atari ST files are there but at least you have another place
to look.

diana eichert
Yrisarri Systems

( I speak for myself, because I am Yrisarri Systems. )

deichert@hydra.unm.edu

ralph@laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) (08/21/90)

Hi folks!

In article <1683.268f792f@hamavnet.com> henderson@hamavnet.com writes:

|    I managed to get a hold of the KA9Q package for the Atari ST. It took quite a
|    bit of looking and asking, until a kind sould in Europe uucp'd me the files.
|
|    If someone would like a copy of the files, I'd be happy to uucp them to you.

I tried replying but if anyone (especially in Europe) has the ka9q
source for the Atari ST, I *sure* am interested.  I had a copy on a
Sun cassette and accidently destroyed it with everything else ;-(

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.