[comp.sys.atari.st] CPMZ80.TOS INIDSK error

paulm@ccicpg.UUCP (Paul Moreau) (08/21/90)

    I guess the header (Subject & Keywords) say most of it.

    I recently got the cpm emulator for the ST and installed it on my system.
    Following directions, I'm supposed to format a single sided diskette
    and type make_cpm.  This make a CPM diskette OK but the next step is to
    boot up CPMZ80.TOS, insert the disk I just made and after following
    the prompts and getting a A: prompt, I'm supposed to type INIDSK a:
    The proble is that when I insert a freshly TOS formatted disk (or any
    for that matter) I get a 'DISK NOT EMPTY' error and inidsk aborts.
    That's one error.   Another is that according to docs, the TOSCPM
    utility is supposed to copy from drive a to drive a prompting for
    diskette changes.   When I try, I get an error stating something like
    'SOURCE and DESTINATION disks are the SAME' then aborts.

    Well, I give up!   I am running TOS 1.4.  Could this be the problem?

    Any help or hints would be appreciated!

    THANX in ADVANCE,  Paul Moreau.
---
  .==========================================================.
  | ### ####### ###     |    N O R T H    | /==============\ |
  | ### ###     ###     |  A M E R I C A  |< An STC Company >|
  | ### ####### ####### |    (was CCI)    | \==============/ |
  |----------------------------------------------------------|
  | UUCP:  ...ccicpg!dl2!paulm   |      Paul L. Moreau       |
  |   or   ...ccicpg!dl1!paulm   | Diagnostics Software Eng. |
  |   or   ...ccicpg!paulm       |    Irvine, California     |
  `=========================================================='

storkamp@sj.ate.slb.com (Mark Storkamp) (08/23/90)

In article <84179@ccicpg.UUCP> paulm@ccicpg.UUCP (Paul Moreau) writes:

>    I guess the header (Subject & Keywords) say most of it.
Stuff about problems with CP/M deleted.
>    Well, I give up!   I am running TOS 1.4.  Could this be the problem?

I haven't used CP/M since before installing TOS 1.4, so I tried it again
and couldn't get it to work. If I remember correctly, the CP/M emulator
was developed by Atari. But then my copy of Logo hasn't worked with
1.4 either.

Mark Storkamp

grahamt@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Graham Thomas) (08/23/90)

From article <1990Aug22.172336.5156@sj.ate.slb.com>, by storkamp@sj.ate.slb.com (Mark Storkamp):

> I haven't used CP/M since before installing TOS 1.4, so I tried it again
> and couldn't get it to work. If I remember correctly, the CP/M emulator
> was developed by Atari. But then my copy of Logo hasn't worked with
> 1.4 either.

I've not tested this properly, but an old copy of the CP/M emulator I
had didn't work on my TOS 1.4 1040 at work.  I tried out a (different)
copy of the emulator on my STE at home, and to my surprise it ran fine
(at least, it loaded OK and I could list a directory, which was all I
tried.)  I haven't taken home my disks from work, or taken to work my
disks from home, so I may just have one bad copy.

As they say in the food guides, more reports please!

Graham
--
Graham Thomas, SPRU, Mantell Building, U of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9RF, UK
 JANET: grahamt@uk.ac.sussex.syma   BITNET: grahamt%syma.sussex.ac.uk@UKACRL