[comp.sys.atari.st] Anyone seen STDWIN for the ST via FTP anywhere?

pbh@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Patrick B. Haggood) (08/29/90)

I'm trying to find the STDWIN C libraries for the Atari computer, either
for the Lattice or Turbo C compilers (as these are the only compilers
that is rumored to be available for, is MWC now among them?).  Anyone
know where this might be available via FTP in the U.S.?

--
Patrick B. Haggood
Wayne STate University

gl8f@astsun7.astro.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) (08/29/90)

In article <1990Aug29.024238.11971@cs.wayne.edu> pbh@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Patrick B. Haggood) writes:
>I'm trying to find the STDWIN C libraries for the Atari computer, either
>for the Lattice or Turbo C compilers (as these are the only compilers
>that is rumored to be available for, is MWC now among them?).  Anyone
>know where this might be available via FTP in the U.S.?

gatekeeper.dec.com: pub/misc/stdwin.

I played with this a long time ago... the biggest non-portable thing
it did was pass structures by value into AES calls instead of passing
the individual arguments. This is something Lattice(?) allows and
Laser C doesn't. I also found that declaring the WIN *'s as register
WIN * when they're passed into routines reduced the code size by
10%... ah, for an optimizing compiler.

--
"Fuck you, Wumpus." -- Joe Stong