[comp.sys.atari.st] DC-Showit problems

dnd15j9z@umiami.miami.edu (Frank Rachel) (08/30/90)

I am having a problem with DC-SHOWIT 1.1.

It is in my auto folder, and upon bootup, it says INSTALLED, but when
I view a file, it uses the old desktop viewew, so I have to install
it again by just double clicking it.

In my auto folder I have:

GDOS.PRG
AUTOFMC.PRG (Booter for cartridge clock)
TOS14FIX.PRG
MACCEL2.PRG
FOLDR100.PRG
LGSELECT.PRG
DSKMGR25.PRG
PINHED13.PRG

Atari 1040 st, 1 meg RAM, TOS 1.4, Atari Sh204 HD

-Frank

    Frank Rachel | Internet:Dnd15j9z@Umiami.Miami.edu | University Of Miami

uace0@uhnix2.uh.edu (Michael B. Vederman) (08/30/90)

In article <6854.26dc778e@umiami.miami.edu> dnd15j9z@umiami.miami.edu (Frank Rachel) writes:
>I am having a problem with DC-SHOWIT 1.1.
>
>It is in my auto folder, and upon bootup, it says INSTALLED, but when
>I view a file, it uses the old desktop viewew, so I have to install
>it again by just double clicking it.
>
>In my auto folder I have:
>
>GDOS.PRG
>AUTOFMC.PRG (Booter for cartridge clock)
>TOS14FIX.PRG
>MACCEL2.PRG
>FOLDR100.PRG
>LGSELECT.PRG
>DSKMGR25.PRG
>PINHED13.PRG
>
>Atari 1040 st, 1 meg RAM, TOS 1.4, Atari Sh204 HD
>
>-Frank
>
>--
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>    Frank Rachel | Internet:Dnd15j9z@Umiami.Miami.edu | University Of Miami
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several things you should look for and be certain of:

1) DC SHOWIT _must_ run after GDOS or G+PLUS or AMCGDOS in the AUTO folder.
   Get one of the PD folder sorters to be certain.  To reorganize your folder
   by hand:
	a) Copy everything from your AUTO folder to another folder.
	b) Delete your AUTO folder.
	c) Create a new AUTO folder.
	d) Copy the files into the new AUTO folder _one at a time_ in the order
	you want them to execute

2) If you are using Quick ST prior to version 2.0, you'll have problems.  Come
   to think of it, I don't know if the hooks are in for 2.0.  If not, the next
   release will hook into Quick ST 2.xx

3) If you are using Turbo ST 1.8 or greater, you'll have problems.  Turbo ST 1.6
   will work just fine.  Talk to SofTrek to get versin 1.82d which is specially
   designed for DC Desktop, but will also work with DC SHOWIT.

No set date for release of DC SHOWIT 1.2, but be patient, I have done some code
rewriting.

- mike

Double Click Me | Double Click Software | P.O. Box 741206 | Houston, Tx, 77274
Voice: (713)977-6520 | DC DESKTOP | DC FORMATTER | DC UTILITIES | and others

ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (08/31/90)

- I am having a problem with DC-SHOWIT 1.1.
-
- It is in my auto folder, and upon bootup, it says INSTALLED, but
- when I view a file, it uses the old desktop viewew, so I have to
- install it again by just double clicking it.

Try changing the order of the files in your AUTO folder.  Try putting
DCSHOWIT as close to the last file as possible.