[comp.sys.atari.st] TOS 1.4 >> How many chips for a STfm?

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Scott Wood) (08/29/90)

I am considering a TOS upgrade, and have not had the gumption to tear
open my ST yet to see what it would entail.  Before I go off calling the
computer store or hooting up Atari on the land line, is there any one
that has upgraded their STfm that could tell me what I need?  Who knows,
maybe I could even buy one of the nice chip sets that have been for-sale
on the net!  I would also be interested in what soldering (if any) is required.

swood

--
Go ahead...  FLAME ME!!!!	| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu
I am getting used to it.	| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu

rmacgreg@cs.strath.ac.uk (Sorcerer) (08/30/90)

It all depends upon which revision you've got - but it's a 6 ROM upgrade
and if you've got a 2 ROM system then it'll entail removing the solder from
one set of holes and putting solder in another.  For more technical info
try last months issue of Personal Computer World (The August edition).

                     ___
 _____              /         (rmacgreg @ uk.ac.strath.cs)
   |   |__   __    /___  ___  ___  ___ ___  ___  ___  ___

            is 'Only visiting this planet.'

shiba@sgi.com (Richard Shiba) (09/01/90)

In article <4615@baird.cs.strath.ac.uk> rmacgreg@cs.strath.ac.uk writes:

>and if you've got a 2 ROM system then it'll entail removing the solder from
>one set of holes and putting solder in another.  For more technical info
>try last months issue of Personal Computer World (The August edition).

Really?  So i can't just drop the 2 set right in??  Hmmm, guess i
need to check out that article...