[comp.sys.atari.st] ST->MAC in Spectre GCR

melton@mcnc.org (Matthew Stickles Melton) (08/31/90)

Has anyone out there succesfully transeferred TEXT only files from ST
disks to MAC disks using Spectre GCR's Transverter Program?

The file transfers and shows up but looks like a bunch of junk to any
Mac Application.  Even when you tell the more intelligent ones like
MS-Word that this is a TEXT only file it still looks like gobbledy gook.

Any advice?

Matt Melton
melton@mcnc.org

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (09/01/90)

In article <2531@speedy.mcnc.org> melton@mcnc.org (Matthew Stickles Melton) writes:
>Has anyone out there succesfully transeferred TEXT only files from ST
>disks to MAC disks using Spectre GCR's Transverter Program?
>
>The file transfers and shows up but looks like a bunch of junk to any
>Mac Application.  Even when you tell the more intelligent ones like
>MS-Word that this is a TEXT only file it still looks like gobbledy gook.

I have successfully transferred binhex files (from comp.sources.mac)
which I downloaded on the ST to Spectre and extracted the Mac binaries
with Stuffit 1.5.1, so the problem is not with the transfer, it is with
the applications you are using.

--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577