[comp.sys.atari.st] Time-out!

cs63bld@unccvax.uncc.edu (b. daniels) (09/05/90)

I have a 1040ST with an ICD HD controller/battery backup clock board.
I am using ICD's non-resident timesetter program and I also have TIMEDRV3
on my system (the corner clock that shows drive access).

Here's the strange part:
After system bootup, the TIMEDRV3 clock shows the correct time, but the time
shown by FLASH, the Control Panel, and that the system writes to files is about
30 seconds behind.

If I reset the clock through the control panel, run the time program to update
the battery backup clock, and reboot, the same situation occurs!

What's going on here?!

Thanks in advance,
Brian
(cs63bld@unccvax.uucp)

psurge@cs.utexas.edu (Troy Carpenter) (09/08/90)

In article <2663@unccvax.uncc.edu>, cs63bld@unccvax.uncc.edu (b. daniels) writes:

> I have a 1040ST with an ICD HD controller/battery backup clock board.
> I am using ICD's non-resident timesetter program and I also have TIMEDRV3
> on my system (the corner clock that shows drive access).
>
> Here's the strange part:
> After system bootup, the TIMEDRV3 clock shows the correct time, but the time
> shown by FLASH, the Control Panel, and that the system writes to files is about
> 30 seconds behind.

Well I guess I am not the only one experiencing a problem, but mine is
probably not related to yours (sounds like yours is the difference between the
software and hardware clocks, don't really know).

When I boot up using the same hardware and software the date is set just fine,
but when I run Interlink, sometimes the clock is totally reset, and the hard
drive clock is also reset.  From that point on, I have to reset and rewrite
the time back to the ICD clock.  Don't know why, but Interlink is the only
program that does that...

Can anyone help or has anyone seen that problem?

                                 Troy Carpenter
                        Department of Computer Sciences
                        THE University of Texas, Austin
                              psurge@cs.utexas.edu