[comp.sys.atari.st] Tempus II and TOS 1.4

os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca (Paul Good) (08/28/90)

I have just upgraded to TOS 1.4 and I noticed a minor problem/annoyance
with Tempus II.  The contents of the scroll bar in the file selector are
shifted to the left.  If I click on the slider, the red dotted box that
indicates the moved slider is in the proper location.  So far, everything
else in Tempus appears to be OK.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a patch available?

Tech stuff:  Tempus II version 2.07; AUTO folder contains POOLFIX3 and
FOLDR100.PRG.
Paul Good   INTERNET: os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca   UUCP: ists!gkcl.ists.ca!os9paul

focke@gmdzi.UUCP (Stefan Focke) (08/29/90)

os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca (Paul Good) writes:

>I have just upgraded to TOS 1.4 and I noticed a minor problem/annoyance
>with Tempus II.  The contents of the scroll bar in the file selector are
>shifted to the left.  If I click on the slider, the red dotted box that
>indicates the moved slider is in the proper location.  So far, everything
>else in Tempus appears to be OK.

>Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a patch available?

It's a known bug.

You need the new version V 2.10.

Stefan Focke

ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Hans-Ch. Eckert) (09/03/90)

In article <11895@ists.ists.ca> os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca (Paul Good) writes:

   I have just upgraded to TOS 1.4 and I noticed a minor problem/annoyance
   with Tempus II. [...]
   Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a patch available?
Yes. Yes. The Patch came over the German Mailboxnet Zerberus...
It was a description to change some bytes in the binary. I edited
a copy of tempus.prg and it worked.

   Tech stuff:  Tempus II version 2.07
Has anything changed between 2.05 and 2.07?

Greetings,
				RIPLEY
--
Greetings from RIPLEY | UUCP: ripley@tubopal.UUCP (ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de)
Hans-Christian Eckert |         ...!unido!tub!opal!ripley (Europe)

pegram@uvm-gen.UUCP (Robert B. Pegram) (09/04/90)

From article <11895@ists.ists.ca>, by os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca (Paul Good):
> I have just upgraded to TOS 1.4 and I noticed a minor problem/annoyance
> with Tempus II.  The contents of the scroll bar in the file selector are
> shifted to the left.  If I click on the slider, the red dotted box that
> indicates the moved slider is in the proper location.  So far, everything
> else in Tempus appears to be OK.

> Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a patch available?

			Yes, same here, I would also like a patch for
it, but have been too lazy to even complain about it before this...
8-) 8-).  I forget what exact version I have (V2.0?) and I have a
great many more auto folder programs active than Paul Good....

> Tech stuff:  Tempus II version 2.07; AUTO folder contains POOLFIX3 and
> FOLDR100.PRG.
> Paul Good   INTERNET: os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca   UUCP: ists!gkcl.ists.ca!os9paul

Bob Pegram
		Internet: pegram@griffin.uvm.edu
		UUCP: uunet!uvm-gen!pegram

os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca (Paul Good) (09/05/90)

In article <RIPLEY.90Sep3063731@troll.cs.tu-berlin.de> ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Hans-Ch. Eckert) writes:
>>In article <11895@ists.ists.ca> os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca (Paul Good) writes:
>> I have just upgraded to TOS 1.4 and I noticed a minor problem/annoyance
>> with Tempus II. [...]
>> Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a patch available?
>Yes. Yes. The Patch came over the German Mailboxnet Zerberus...
>It was a description to change some bytes in the binary. I edited
>a copy of tempus.prg and it worked.

Ripley, or anyone else - Do you know whichs bytes must be changed?  Or does
anyone know of a site where the information may be found?  I have checked
DELPHI and CompuServe and found nothing.  I am waiting for Tempus WP to be
released, so I don't want to upgrade just yet.  I would even appreciate
the output of 'fc' (file compare) between the original and the patched
version.  Anything...

Paul Good   INTERNET: os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca   UUCP: ists!gkcl.ists.ca!os9paul

ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Hans-Ch. Eckert) (09/08/90)

I'll posting the description what to change as soon as I dug it out.

Greetings,
				RIPLEY
--

GERLOFF@tubvm.cs.tu-berlin.de (Olaf Gerloff) (09/09/90)

In article <1639@uvm-gen.UUCP>, pegram@uvm-gen.UUCP (Robert B. Pegram) says:

>From article <11895@ists.ists.ca>, by os9paul@gkcl.ists.ca (Paul Good):
>> I have just upgraded to TOS 1.4 and I noticed a minor problem/annoyance
>> with Tempus II.  The contents of the scroll bar in the file selector are
>> shifted to the left.  If I click on the slider, the red dotted box that
>> indicates the moved slider is in the proper location.  So far, everything
>> else in Tempus appears to be OK.
>
>> Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a patch available?

Hi Robert!

This bug is normal on TOS 1.4, but the other functions of Tempus will work
fine. CCD, the Developer of Tempus, has announced the version 2.10 at the
Atari-Fair in Duesseldorf last month. I've made the update for 25,- DM and
hope that I will get the disk in a few days. This version will have the bug in
the file-selector-box fixed. Also it will have real tab's and will work on
displays bigger than 640 * 400 pixels.

Greetings, Olaf

pegram@uvm-gen.UUCP (Robert B. Pegram) (09/09/90)

From article <RIPLEY.90Sep8030308@troll.cs.tu-berlin.de>, by ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Hans-Ch. Eckert):
> I'll posting the description what to change as soon as I dug it out.

> Greetings,
> 				RIPLEY

Thanks from me too, it turns out that I'm running 2.07 also.  What I
really want though, is access to *my* item selector.  Failing that,
the next most irritating thing is that Tempus 2.07 won't save the item
selector setup properly (in my machine, with all my auto programs
including NeoDesk and a lot of stuff in Multidesk).  It saves the file
name, but not the path, exactly the reverse of what I want, since I
keep data on drive D: and executables, Tempus included, on drive E:
(ridiculous huh?, but it _does_ make backups easier).  While I'm at
it, what's the schedule for the word processing version, and who will
carry it in the U.S. now that Michtron is getting out of the consumer
software business?

Thanks,

Bob Pegram   Internet: pegram@griffin.uvm.edu  UUCP: uunet!uvm-gen!pegram

buggs@cup.portal.com (William Edward JuneJr) (09/10/90)