[comp.sys.atari.st] floppy disk drives

rdb@mtunf.att.com (Ron DeBlock) (09/06/90)

Which floppy drives are known to work properly with the ST?

I built an external drive using a Chinon mech.  It worked fine after
I solved the media change problem, but now it has other problems
(lots of errors), so I want to replace it.

teb@uqun38.uucp (Tobias Brueck) (09/11/90)

rdb@mtunf.att.com (Ron DeBlock) writes:

>Which floppy drives are known to work properly with the ST?

>I built an external drive using a Chinon mech.  It worked fine after
>I solved the media change problem, but now it has other problems
>(lots of errors), so I want to replace it.

I used two years a NEC 1036A and it's work well .
A friend of mine is using a NEC 1037 and he has no problems with it .

******    I still havn't found , what I'm looking for                 ******
: Tobias Brueck               : Phone                (49)-(0)-5251-10-5815 :
: Nixdorf Computer AG PB-E422 : europe:         brueck.pad@nixdorf.com...  :
: Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring          : europe: eunet : ..!unido!nixpbe!brueck.pad :
: D-4790 Paderborn            : usa:    usenet: ..!linus!nixbur!brueck.pad :
: Federal Republic of Germany : Republique Federale d'Allemagne            :