[comp.sys.atari.st] Where do I get TurboAss

micro@imada.dk (Claus Pedersen) (09/10/90)

Hi
   I have heard much about the shareware assembler 'TurboAss' (or something).
It should be fast as hell, and have a very good debugger... But why is a
thing like this not on a popular ftp-site??? (isn't this in the interest of the
programmer?).

   Is there a good german anonymous ftp site which we should hear about? (eg one
with the about program and other goodies).

Klaus (micro@imada.dk)

archbold (Archie Jaszcz) (09/12/90)

micro@imada.dk (Claus Pedersen) writes:
> Hi
>    I have heard much about the shareware assembler 'TurboAss' (or something).
> It should be fast as hell, and have a very good debugger... But why is a

        I never heard of it, but I know of one commertial assembler which
I use on regular basis.  It's called DevpacST and it has a VERY good
debugger and other utilities (linker, libraries, etc).  One commercial
assembler you should stay AWAY from would be AssemPro.  The thing is VERY
buggy and I haven't gotten much use out of it...

        BTW:  DevpacST retails for about $65...

                        Archbold

jhenders@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) (09/12/90)

	Re: Turboss.
Someone on GEnie has TurboAss( or whatever it's called) and is getting the
docs translated from German to English. Appearantly it's blindingly fast
but doesn't support macro's. I don't know about anyone else but to me that
makes it's usability close to nil.
 I'd highly suggest shelling out the50US or so it costs to get Devpac2
from any of the major mail order places. It's a great assembler and no
slouch in the speed department.

	John Henders
	Vancouver,BC
	On Usenet:ubc-cs!van-bc!jhenders