[comp.sys.atari.st] wouldn't it be nice

edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au (09/12/90)

      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
       i mean, wouldn't i be nice to have a blitter that will be used
	wouldn't it be nice to be able to scroll properly
	 wouldn't it be nice to have 4096 colours on the screen at once
	  wouldn't it be nice to have 16 channel stereo sound
	   wouldn't it be nice to have 880k disk drives
	    wouldn't it be nice.
		should have bought an AMIGA.

		COMMODORE RULES
			TOS is tos
				the ATARI ST sux.

						Petra.

cbdougla@uokmax.uucp (Collin Broad Douglas) (09/12/90)

In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

>      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
>       i mean, wouldn't i be nice to have a blitter that will be used
>	wouldn't it be nice to be able to scroll properly
>	 wouldn't it be nice to have 4096 colours on the screen at once
>	  wouldn't it be nice to have 16 channel stereo sound
>	   wouldn't it be nice to have 880k disk drives
>	    wouldn't it be nice.
>		should have bought an AMIGA.
>

>		COMMODORE RULES
>			TOS is tos
>				the ATARI ST sux.
>
>						Petra.

   wouldn't it be nice to have a real life?

   you need to research your facts before posting such idotic things.

	  Collin Douglas

	  cbdougla@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu

(declaring open season)

U3364521@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Lou Cavallo) (09/12/90)

G'day,

edb762bbp> In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au>,
edb762bbp>    edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

edb762bbp> [...I can't make myself repeat the drivel...]

edb762bbp> 					Petra.

Every time I see a fellow Amiga owner do this I cringe _REALLY_ big time.

Somebody burn(*) this person for me please! I just can't get the heart to.

Or better yet let's just ignore him/her, maybe they'll go away ... I don't
believe that either.  :-(

I do have one remark for Petra however. I don't like the bad name that we
Amiga owners have gotten because of this type of prank.  I rarely see any
Atari supporter trying this sort of prank in comp.sys.amiga.  Please have
the same good manners to not pollute this newsgroup with this drivel.

To the readers of this newsgroup. Please realise it is not the Amiga that
leads some people to this type of behaviour. Who knows why in fact?

yours truly,
Lou Cavallo.

(*) {Via e-mail of course}.

suhonen@tukki.jyu.fi (Timo Suhonen) (09/12/90)

In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

Not another A <-> A war again!!!!!!

	 bet you're sorry that you bought STs
  	      [...]
		   should have bought an AMIGA.

		   COMMODORE RULES
			   TOS is tos
				   the ATARI ST sux.

Pleace everyone:: forget this! No wars this time!!!!

Timo

--
Timo Suhonen         I am logged in, therefore I am             suhonen@jyu.fi
                                                        suhonen@funic.funet.fi

cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Anubis) (09/12/90)

In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

>      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
>       i mean, wouldn't i be nice to have a blitter that will be used
>	wouldn't it be nice to be able to scroll properly
>	 wouldn't it be nice to have 4096 colours on the screen at once
>	  wouldn't it be nice to have 16 channel stereo sound
>	   wouldn't it be nice to have 880k disk drives
>	    wouldn't it be nice.
>		should have bought an AMIGA.
>

>		COMMODORE RULES
>			TOS is tos
>				the ATARI ST sux.
>
>						Petra.

You know, I own an ST and have had it for a while now.  I'm very happy
with it, it does what it needs to WELL.  I'm tired of the lack of
support for it, however, and the attitude of Atari, so I am looking
into buying an Amiga.  It is people like you, however, that make me
change my mind.  Maybe I don't want an Amiga after all.  Maybe, if it
will get me away from people who have to wave their computer around
like it is some sort of a phallice, I will buy an IBM clone instead.
Or a Commodore 64.

I feel so much better now.
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=That is not dead which may eternal lie-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
*     Christoper Roth                         *  "Machines have no

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu ( EVENSONG Music) (09/12/90)

In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> you write:

>      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
>       i mean, wouldn't i be nice to have a blitter that will be used
>	wouldn't it be nice to be able to scroll properly
>	 wouldn't it be nice to have 4096 colours on the screen at once
>	  wouldn't it be nice to have 16 channel stereo sound
>	   wouldn't it be nice to have 880k disk drives
>	    wouldn't it be nice.
>		should have bought an AMIGA.
>

>		COMMODORE RULES
>			TOS is tos
>				the ATARI ST sux.
>
>						Petra.
You forget ATari's #1 option. It does not have a $3000 price tag!
swood
PS.  I don't need 4096 colors, as the most I have ever seen used is less than
128 even on DecStation gifviewers, and for less than you paid for your set
up, I got an ST, a sequencer software, a MIDI workstation, and a Kawai K1 II.
Giving me 8 channel Stereo Synthesis from 256 selectable waveforms, access to
over 1000 pre-programmed sounds, a drum machine, delay and reverb effects, as
well as song writing and performance ability - oh, not to mention full midi
control of all my midi devices.

Gee, and I got a pretty good (not great, but pretty good) in the deal too.
I guess it is all in the way you look at it!

BTW - cost break down

	I got the cpu from a going out of business sale (it was out
	on loan for a repair customer for less than 2 weeks - but it
	came back on the last day they were open so they wanted to
	move it fast) for $250 (STfm +.5 M for a 1Meg of memory, +
	internal 756 k ds 3 1/2) BTW STfm includes a rf modulator,
	so it spared me a monitor cost.  I then got a simple sequencer,
	a 3d graphics program, and a basic disc thrown in for free, as
	well as purchasing a $229 MIDI workstation for $50

	The K1, and connecting MIDI cables/audio cables came up to
	about $650 Brand pankin' gnu

;-)

--
Only four more days till small	| swood@argo.acs.oakland.edu
game season in Michigan!!	| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu

dac@ukc.ac.uk (David Clear) (09/12/90)

In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:
>      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
[... and then goes on...]

>		COMMODORE RULES
>			TOS is tos
>				the ATARI ST sux.
>
>						Petra.

Thank you Petra for that unbiased and objective report on the respective
features of both the Commodore Amiga and Atari ST. I'm sure I speak for all
Atari owners when I extend my gratitude to you for sharing your views with
us in such an articulate manner. I would like you to know how much we
respect your views and how they will influence us in the future.

Dave.
--
% cc life.c                      | David Clear <dac@ukc.ac.uk>
% a.out                          | Local Area Networks, Computing Laboratory,

rich@dhump.lakesys.COM (Rich Dankert) (09/13/90)

In article <SUHONEN.90Sep12130020@tukki.jyu.fi> suhonen@tukki.jyu.fi (Timo Suhonen) writes:
>In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:
>
>Not another A <-> A war again!!!!!!
>
>	 bet you're sorry that you bought STs
>  	      [...]
>		   should have bought an AMIGA.
>
>		   COMMODORE RULES
>			   TOS is tos
>				   the ATARI ST sux.
>
>Pleace everyone:: forget this! No wars this time!!!!

	Yes, lets all just consider the source, and not drop to that
	level.  Remember, Jealousy Breeds Contempt!

	rich@dhump.lakesys.lakesys.com
	 rich@lakesys.lakesys.COM

oleg@crash.cts.com (Oleg Rovner) (09/13/90)

In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

>      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
[amiga feature list deleted]
>		should have bought an AMIGA.
>

>		COMMODORE RULES
>			TOS is tos
>				the ATARI ST sux.
>
>						Petra.

I did buy an Amiga.  Morons like you don't really do too much to add
popularity to a machine. Idiot. No, sorry, you're not an idiot, you're
a FUCKING IDIOT.

 OR

contents copyright (c) 1990 Oleg Rovner and may not be quoted and/or
distributed without permission except by/on USENET and /dev/null
"Tommy Lasorda may not be a typical SlimFast user" SlimFast disclaimer

wrightgr@mwk.uucp (Greg, Ext. 3414) (09/13/90)

>       bet you're sorry that you bought STs
>        i mean, wouldn't i be nice to have a blitter that will be used
> 	wouldn't it be nice to be able to scroll properly
> 	 wouldn't it be nice to have 4096 colours on the screen at once
> 	  wouldn't it be nice to have 16 channel stereo sound
> 	   wouldn't it be nice to have 880k disk drives
> 	    wouldn't it be nice.
> 		should have bought an AMIGA.
>
> 		COMMODORE RULES
> 			TOS is tos
> 				the ATARI ST sux.
I'm still glad I bought an Atari and I'd buy another one if I could afford it.
The fact is that the ST is the best MIDI workstation on the market.  Not only
that, it's the cheapest MIDI workstation.

I looked around for quite a while before I bought.  Considering what I would be
using it for and how much it cost, the ST was by far the best choice.

I'm not saying either machine is better than the other.  They have different
capabilities built in and it really just depends on what you plan on using it
for.

Greg Wright <wrightgr@mwk.uucp>

jcksnsr@nmt.edu (Jeffrey C. King) (09/13/90)

In article <100.26ee3fa2@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au> edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

>      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
>       i mean, wouldn't i be nice to have a blitter that will be used
>	wouldn't it be nice to be able to scroll properly
>	 wouldn't it be nice to have 4096 colours on the screen at once
>	  wouldn't it be nice to have 16 channel stereo sound
>	   wouldn't it be nice to have 880k disk drives
>	    wouldn't it be nice.
>		should have bought an AMIGA.
>

>		COMMODORE RULES
>			TOS is tos
>				the ATARI ST sux.
>
>						Petra.

        Bet you wished you could use the english language.
         Wouldn't it be nice to have machine that rand at full 68K speed?
          Wouldn't it be nice not to flicker.
           Wouldn't it be nice to have a 1.4MEG drive?
	    Wouldn't it be nice to run a 1:1 interleave?
             Wouldn't it be nice to have a REAL desktop?
	      Wouldn't it be nice to use IBM format disks?
	       WOuldn't it be nice to know what you are talking about?

              So what, get a life, get a real name, and come back when you've
grown a few years.

    JEff King

rrd@hpfinote.HP.COM (Ray Depew x2419) (09/13/90)

Now I remember what Shift-J is for!

Ray
Regards
Ray Depew
HP Colorado IC Division
rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com
(no smileys)

bradm@pro-grouch.cts.com (Brad Martin) (09/14/90)

Thank you for this intelligent message concerning the Amiga vrs. the STe.  I
shall ignore that fact that you are wrong on a number of counts, about both
the STe's and the Amiga's capablities.  Perhaps you should educate yourself a
little bit better about what the machines you post about can do.

Thank you for your support. Oh, and please, get a life.

.>Brad Martin<.

Cute tag lines on request.

soh@shiva.trl.oz (kam hung soh) (09/14/90)

edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au writes:

>      bet you're sorry that you bought STs
>       i mean, wouldn't i be nice to have a blitter that will be used
>	wouldn't it be nice to be able to scroll properly
>	 wouldn't it be nice to have 4096 colours on the screen at once
>	  wouldn't it be nice to have 16 channel stereo sound
>	   wouldn't it be nice to have 880k disk drives
>	    wouldn't it be nice.
>		should have bought an AMIGA.

>		COMMODORE RULES
>			TOS is tos
>				the ATARI ST sux.

>						Petra.

Petra,

	That's an inflammatory article if I ever did see one.  What's the
big idea?  Self-aggrandisement?  Now the net will be clogged with
articles flaming you.  I hope you understand the effect of what you've
written.

---
Soh, Kam Hung      email: h.soh@trl.oz.au     tel: +61 03 541 6403
Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia