[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari ST and accessories...

bediako@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bernard Bediako) (09/15/90)

For sale:

	Z-RAM memory expansion board with 2 MEGS (socketed for 4 meg)
		with 80 ns 1-meg chips (made by Zubair Interfaces)
Price: $250.00

	Supra Hard Disk interface (SCSI) (8 months old)
	Newest ROM software, clock, DMA, et.al.
Price: $90.00

	Seagate ST-157-1 (48meg, 28ms.) (SCSI) (8 months old)
	Has at leat 20 megs. public domain software:
	all gnu stuff, uniterm, neodesk, quick st, flash, etc.
	also some manuals (mail/call for specific's on software)
Price: $350.00

	Atari 520ST: midi, rf modulator, etc.
	Double Sided external drive SF314
	Atari RGB Color Monitor SC1224
	tilt-swivel monitor stand, teak 60 disk case full with
	purchased and PD software and games (mail/call for info)
Price: $400.00

I'll cut the total price if you buy the whole system
	(or at least most of the system).
You'll have to pay the shipping

Bernard Bediako
home 716-833-8863  Call after 7pm EST (9pm Thurs)
work 716-636-3003
--
Bernard Bediako  --------=-=-=-=-=->	DOMAIN:	bediako@cs.buffalo.edu

ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (09/15/90)

My dear friend, bediako@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bernard Bediako), I
sure hope you have all the luck in the world selling the following
items.  I thought they were sort of high, so I just grabbed the
latest issue of ST Informer, for a look-see (don't you HATE that
word?).  I found better prices in less time than it took to read your
ad.  I could have most of items by Monday if I ordered them a few
hours ago when the stores were open.

- For sale:
-
-       Z-RAM memory expansion board with 2 MEGS (socketed for 4 meg)
-               with 80 ns 1-meg chips (made by Zubair Interfaces)
- Price: $250.00

1st Stop Computer Systems (1-800-252-2787) of Dayton, Ohio has this
board with 2megs of RAM installed for $254.

-         Supra Hard Disk interface (SCSI) (8 months old)
-         Newest ROM software, clock, DMA, et.al.
- Price: $90.00

Why go with a slow Supra when you can get an ICD Avantage Plus with
clock for $94.77 from D&P Computer Supply (1-800-535-4290) of Elyria,
Ohio.

-       Seagate ST-157-1 (48meg, 28ms.) (SCSI) (8 months old)
-       Has at leat 20 megs. public domain software:
-       all gnu stuff, uniterm, neodesk, quick st, flash, etc.
-       also some manuals (mail/call for specific's on software)
- Price: $350.00

Carter Graphics and Computers (1-801-628-6111) of George, Utah, has
this drive for $359.  I'm sure better deals could be found in
Computer Shopper.  No, you don't get public domain software with it,
but then most people who see this ad can get all the PD stuff they
want from atari.archive or comp.binaries.  Furthermore, NeoDesk and
Flash are not PD!  Quick ST isn't either if it's version 2.0 or
higher.

-        Atari 520ST: midi, rf modulator, etc.
-        Double Sided external drive SF314
-        Atari RGB Color Monitor SC1224
-        tilt-swivel monitor stand, teak 60 disk case full with
-        purchased and PD software and games (mail/call for info)
- Price: $400.00

Okay, now that's better!  That's a deal!

- I'll cut the total price if you buy the whole system
-         (or at least most of the system).
- You'll have to pay the shipping

I am not affiliated with any of the stores mentioned above.  Not like
Hardware Dave who keeps posting messages for people to buy stuff at
Triformation. :^)

bediako@acsu.buffalo.edu (Bernard Bediako) (09/15/90)

In article <1990Sep15.022722.1246@ecst.csuchico.edu> ekrimen@cscihp.UUCP (Ed Krimen) writes:
>My dear friend, bediako@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bernard Bediako), I
>sure hope you have all the luck in the world selling the following
>items.  I thought they were sort of high, so I just grabbed the
[stuff deleted]
Thanks for bringing this to my attention,  I can't afford to purchase things
like St-informer or I wouldn't have put my computer up for sale (SUNY schools
are being subjected to a Bus fee, parking fee, health service fee, althletic
fee, and, if you can believe it, a computing fee :-).

I WILL ACCEPT THE BEST OFFER'S I RECEIVE!!!!!!

The memory board, drive, and interface are all less than ONE year old;
and STILL under waranties.
>Why go with a slow Supra when you can get an ICD Avantage Plus with
Eight months ago, this group recommended the Supra as the best....
And I did purchase NeoDesk, Flash and, Quick ST 2.0.

>-        Atari 520ST: midi, rf modulator, etc.
>-        Double Sided external drive SF314
>-        Atari RGB Color Monitor SC1224
>-        tilt-swivel monitor stand, teak 60 disk case full with
>-        purchased and PD software and games (mail/call for info)
>- Price: $400.00
>
>Okay, now that's better!  That's a deal!

Does this mean I'm supposed to RAISE the price?

Again, in regarding to the former prices....
I'll accept the best offer I get.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bernard Bediako		bediako@cs.buffalo.edu
home 716-833-8863

scott@tab00.larc.nasa.gov (Scott Yelich) (09/16/90)

>Carter Graphics and Computers (1-801-628-6111) of George, Utah, has
>this drive for $359.  I'm sure better deals could be found in
>Computer Shopper.  No, you don't get public domain software with it,
>but then most people who see this ad can get all the PD stuff they
>want from atari.archive or comp.binaries.  Furthermore, NeoDesk and
>Flash are not PD!  Quick ST isn't either if it's version 2.0 or
>higher.

I have purchased two drives from the net...
a 32meg rll and a 65meg rll and both reportedly had
pd atari st software on them.

Neither were recognized when I finally had the system up....
so I just reformatted.

I would not place ANY value on pre-loaded used hard drives...

--
Signature follows. [Skip now]

 Scott D. Yelich                         scott@[xanth.]cs.odu.edu [128.82.8.1]
 After he pushed me off the cliff, he asked me, as I fell, ``Why'd you jump?''
 Administrator of:    Game-Design requests to <game-design-request@cs.odu.edu>
 ODU/UNIX/BSD/X/C/ROOT/XANTH/CS/VSVN/