[comp.sys.atari.st] Spectre & Think C ?

jackin@vehka.uta.fi (Markku M{enp{{) (09/14/90)

These are questions for you Spectre owners.

Does Think C work with Spectre GCR & harddisk ?
Do you know any resource editors that work with Spectre ?

Thanks,
--
Markku M{enp{{
email : jackin@vehka.uta.fi

opperman@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Roger Opperman) (09/14/90)

In article <1569@kielo.uta.fi> jackin@vehka.uta.fi (Markku M{enp{{) writes:
>These are questions for you Spectre owners.
>
>Does Think C work with Spectre GCR & harddisk ?
>Do you know any resource editors that work with Spectre ?

Think C works great with my Spectre and SH204.  Takes up quite a bit
of space, though.

cjr@cs.bham.ac.uk (Chris Ridd <RiddCJ>) (09/18/90)

In article <1990Sep14.153251.673@evax.arl.utexas.edu> opperman@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Roger Opperman) writes:
>In article <1569@kielo.uta.fi> jackin@vehka.uta.fi (Markku M{enp{{) writes:
>>These are questions for you Spectre owners.
>>
>>Does Think C work with Spectre GCR & harddisk ?
>>Do you know any resource editors that work with Spectre ?
>>
>Think C works great with my Spectre and SH204.  Takes up quite a bit
>of space, though.

  Works fine on my Supra drive too.  ResEdit 1.2 was supplied with our
Think C package and it works fine, except Spectre crashes when you try
to Play a sound resource.  Takes a _lot_ of space (Dratted projects!).

  The Debugger does not work at all.  There are strong rumours that
Dave Small is working on this (in between Appletalk and 68030 boards)
- most debuggers need very low-level access to the machine to work and
this gives current Spectres grief.

    Chris

-- Chris Ridd, Computer Science, Birmingham Uni, UK -- RiddCJ@Cs.Bham.Ac.Uk --

"'It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it,' said War testily, 'the One
Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse.'" - Sourcery