[comp.sys.atari.st] 6 month delay for TT in US?

ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (09/19/90)

I just got this from the Fidonet ST echo.

------------------------------------
From:    David Leonardis
To:      All                                      Msg #104, 13-Sep-90 12:35pm
Subject: THE TT

      Heys guys I got real bad news about the release date for the TT,
I called atari customer relations on september 13 and I asked about
the release date of the TT and they said another six months, I raised
my voice and said "what!, why is that", she responded,"well atari corp
redesigned the original TT and sent it to the FCC", she also told me
that the new design will have the 32mhz CPU and the new tower case
design.Guys I will still wait cause I am in no rush to spend 2500-3000
dollars, but you read the specs on the TT and it's up to you.I refuse
to ask my parents to make a second morage on my house to have a
workable mac II configuration.

[some stuff deleted]

--------------------------------------

I know the story about the guy buying the TT from the dealer in
Germany.  Does the preceding message mean that the U.S. must wait?

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (09/19/90)

In article <1990Sep18.171022.20824@ecst.csuchico.edu> ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>I just got this from the Fidonet ST echo.
>
>------------------------------------
>From:    David Leonardis
>To:      All                                      Msg #104, 13-Sep-90 12:35pm
>Subject: THE TT
>
>      Heys guys I got real bad news about the release date for the TT,
>I called atari customer relations on september 13 and I asked about
>the release date of the TT and they said another six months, I raised
>my voice and said "what!, why is that", she responded,"well atari corp
>redesigned the original TT and sent it to the FCC", she also told me
>that the new design will have the 32mhz CPU and the new tower case
>design.Guys I will still wait cause I am in no rush to spend 2500-3000
>dollars, but you read the specs on the TT and it's up to you.I refuse
>to ask my parents to make a second morage on my house to have a
>workable mac II configuration.
>
>[some stuff deleted]
>
>--------------------------------------
>
>I know the story about the guy buying the TT from the dealer in
>Germany.  Does the preceding message mean that the U.S. must wait?

Well, if any of this flap is true it basically makes a liar out of Sam
(or was it Jack?) Tramiel who stated in their latest anual report that the TT
would be ready in 1990.  This can be found in the Letter to the shareholders
section.

Cheers,

Chris

------------------------------+---------------------------
Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |
------------------------------+---------------------------

towns@atari.UUCP (John Townsend) (09/19/90)

in article <1990Sep18.171022.20824@ecst.csuchico.edu>, ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) says:

> I just got this from the Fidonet ST echo.
>
> ------------------------------------
> From:    David Leonardis
> To:      All                                      Msg #104, 13-Sep-90 12:35pm
> Subject: THE TT
>
>       Heys guys I got real bad news about the release date for the TT,
> I called atari customer relations on september 13 and I asked about
> the release date of the TT and they said another six months, I raised
> my voice and said "what!, why is that", she responded,"well atari corp
> redesigned the original TT and sent it to the FCC", she also told me
> that the new design will have the 32mhz CPU and the new tower case
> design.Guys I will still wait cause I am in no rush to spend 2500-3000
> dollars, but you read the specs on the TT and it's up to you.I refuse
> to ask my parents to make a second morage on my house to have a
> workable mac II configuration.
>
> [some stuff deleted]

> I know the story about the guy buying the TT from the dealer in
> Germany.  Does the preceding message mean that the U.S. must wait?

The TT configuration that was shown in Dusseldorf and to developers
at the Glendale Show will be sold in the United States. It will be
announced at COMDEX in November and according to my information will
be available for sale around that time.

-- John Townsend				..ames!atari!towns
   Atari Corp, Systems Software