[comp.sys.atari.st] CDAR-504 SEEN!!! and used daily

STT@kcbbs.gen.nz (Jon Clarke) (09/20/90)

>]Ripley writes:
>]
>]The CDAR is available for quite some time here in Germany. As far as
>]I know you get a CD full with PD-software together with the drive...
>]
>]Greetings,
>]        RIPLEY
>]--
>]Greetings from RIPLEY | UUCP: ripley@tubopal.UUCP (ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de)
>]Hans-Christian Eckert |         ...!unido!tub!opal!ripley (Europe)
>]D-1000 Berlin 30      |         ...!pyramid!tub!opal!ripley (World)
>]Regensburger Str. 2   | BITNET: ripley%tubopal@DB0TUI11.BITNET (saves $$$)

 Jon Clarke replies:

 Hi guys, it is great to see that the cdar504 is selling up there. I have
 a few questions for you.

 [1] What ROMS are available ?
 [2] What is the cost up there? [Average $DM150 in New Zealand]
 [3] Do you have any ording address for the roms at all?

 We run the cdar504 on Michtron BBS version 3 done here. I am looking for
 as many roms as we can get for the BBS. We currently have 5 roms we
 rotate in the player, but soon we will have another one so it will a little
 easier for the users.

 Do you have the same problems with the roms up there we have with the ones
 we get from the USA? The rom can handle 550 megs but most of them are
 only 90 megs on average.  The one from Whitestar is 440 megs and this is
 the largest Atari rom I have seen to date. Some are only 35 megs!

  Jon Clarke

  |  o( )  STaTus | The Atari BBS   | Snail mail to : Jon Clarke,     |
  | /  /\   BBS.  | in Auckland,NZ  +------------+    RD#2 Drury,     |
  |Mail : STT@kcbbs.gen.nz          | MBBS Ver 3 |    New Zealand.    |
  |     : 72000,3555 - CIS          | Node 1&2 :+64-9-606067 / 608485 |