[comp.sys.atari.st] Amiga vs. Atari ST flame wars???

scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) (09/16/90)

   Wow!  I'm suitably impressed with the civility of the latest ST-Amiga
cross-over thread (started by PURTRA, or whatever his/her name was).
The lack of harsh words on either side against the other's system is
GREAT!

   Congratulations!

-Steve Coile
   An ST owner with quite a bit more respect for the Amiga community
now.

U3364521@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Lou Cavallo) (09/25/90)

G'day,

In article <2301@gmuvax2.gmu.edu>, scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) writes:

SC> Wow! I'm suitably impressed with the civility of the latest ST-Amiga
SC> cross-over thread (started by PURTRA, or whatever his/her name was).
SC> The lack of harsh words on either side against the other's system is
SC> GREAT!

Steve, perhaps the contributors to this group have struck on a good way to
combat junk (ok, crappy!) postings to this newsgroup of the "Petra type" ?

I'm probably naive but I hope so. If `PC' (generic term) owners who respond
to such attacks remain civil and informative and attack the real problem ie
the "attacking" posters personality problem then we _may_ avoid much of the
wasteful flaming that usually goes on.

SC>  Congratulations!

On behalf of the "nice" {oh brother :-)} Amiga reader/posters to this group
I thank you.

SC> -Steve Coile
SC>  An ST owner with quite a bit more respect for the Amiga community now.

I genuinely look forward to reading the great news of new Atari products &
mangement policies coming to this group these days.

An Amiga owner with quite a bit of respect for Atari products/community ...

yours truly,
Lou Cavallo.        {I apologise if I come across like a sycophant :-( ...}