[comp.sys.atari.st] Where to find Packer and Removesym?

jlong@radc.af.mil (Jeff Long) (09/25/90)

I know that sometime last year I saw a version of the PD program PACKER.PRG
that had been patched to use a gem fileselector.  It also was in an .arc file
that had a utility to remove the symbol table from programs that had them linkedin them (programs with these wouldn't pack correctly).

	Does someone know where I can FTP these, or will someone post them to
terminator?

|    Capt Jeff Long                                 longj@lonex.radc.af.mil   |
|    Rome Air Development Center                    (315) 330-7751            |
|    Communications Networking Branch               (DSN) 587-7751            |

|    Capt Jeff Long                                 longj@lonex.radc.af.mil   |
|    Rome Air Development Center                    (315) 330-7751            |
|    Communications Networking Branch               (DSN) 587-7751            |

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (09/26/90)

I have an even better packer than PACK....
I packs to UNDER half size !!!!!

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST
__________/ ______________________/   ____/   /   Klubben,  user association

jlong@radc.af.mil (Jeff Long) (09/26/90)

In <CMM.0.88.654293796.larserio@kvart.ifi.uio.no> larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) writes:

>I have an even better packer than PACK....

Is it PD?  Will you share it with the rest of us?  Please post if PD!!

|    Capt Jeff Long                                 longj@lonex.radc.af.mil   |
|    Rome Air Development Center                    (315) 330-7751            |
|    Communications Networking Branch               (DSN) 587-7751            |

archbold (Archie Jaszcz) (09/27/90)

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) writes:

> I have an even better packer than PACK....
> I packs to UNDER half size !!!!!
>
>  Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________

        So, how do we get it?  Your board is somewhere in Europe and most
of us don't have the $$$$$$$$$ to spend (especially with log on procedures
and other stuff which takes TIME)...  Mabbe you could set up this file so
that WE could get to it straight off without having to really log on?  Or
just put it in the binaries...

                        Archbold
                        osu-cis!n8emr!bluemoon!archbold

Disclaimer:  I haven't seen Veronica lately!