[comp.sys.atari.st] atari.st.games

colas@avahi.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (09/28/90)

jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) writes:
 > BTW how about forming a discussion group for atari.st.games? Amiga has one.

I think it is unecessary. Most games are the same on the amiga and the atari,
so we can share the same newsgroup (which I do).

hardware@rose.uwaterloo.ca (09/30/90)

In article <1990Sep27.165322@avahi.inria.fr> colas@avahi.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) writes:
>jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) writes:
> > BTW how about forming a discussion group for atari.st.games? Amiga has one.
>
>I think it is unecessary. Most games are the same on the amiga and the atari,
>so we can share the same newsgroup (which I do).

  Well I could care less if amiga has a games base let them stay on there

 bases and we can enjoy a new atari message base for games!

 It is necessary for three reasons. One I have source files in C,GFA, and
Stos that support game programming! Two there are far more Atari games
than there are Amiga games(Now Amiga owners dont get huffy,we have been
around longer!) Three most Atari games are unique and have no amiga equivalent!

 Put another vote in for me for a new Atari Games Base!
 I have hundreds of PD games for the Atari with no equivalent on other machines,this is mainly due to STOS being out longer than Amos.

  Hardware Dave putting the 100 vote on this so why isnt somebody doing
  something about it. At least over a 3 month period we can get this going.
  Already the comp.sys.atari.tech base has grown rapidly.

Hardware Dave at your Service
Good movie to see if you like sci fi is " Krull"

scott@tab00.larc.nasa.gov (Scott Yelich) (10/01/90)

>I have hundreds of PD games for the Atari with no equivalent on
>other machines,this is mainly due to STOS being out longer than Amos.

I have STOS and a 1040st with TOS 1.0
and I have intention of getting tos 1.4 unless someone GIVES it to me.
(And, no, I don't mean pirating, I mean I don't want it.)

I also hear that STOs is incompatible with TOS 1.4 unless yu get some patches.

I would love to start releasing some SMALL games for the ST but what I
would really like to do is use my ST Replay to get some sounds into my
games... but no matter how I try to trick STOS into using the machine
code provided with my ST Replay, it gives me a bus error.

I have been told it can be done.
Now, I would like to be SHOWN with some STOS code-->
as long as it is publically distributable.

Oh, and I am the administrator or a game-design mailing list...
you can send questions to <game-design-request@cs.odu.edu>

Thank you.
ps:  WHAT 100's of games from STOS?
     Name a few for me, please!

--
Signature follows. [Skip now]

 Scott D. Yelich                         scott@[xanth.]cs.odu.edu [128.82.8.1]
 After he pushed me off the cliff, he asked me, as I fell, ``Why'd you jump?''
 Administrator of:    Game-Design requests to <game-design-request@cs.odu.edu>
 ODU/UNIX/BSD/X/C/ROOT/XANTH/CS/VSVN/