[comp.sys.atari.st] Moria crash

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu ( EVENSONG) (09/17/90)

I have been having oodles of trouble with the version of moria that I
downloaded from atari.archive.  Whenever I load the program, 75% of the time,
it will crash less than three cursor movements after I reach the town.  Is
this a well known bug, and is there anything I can do to fix it?  How about
a newer version someone might know of?

Thanks
swood

--
Only four more days till small	| swood@argo.acs.oakland.edu
game season in Michigan!!	| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (09/20/90)

swood@Oakland asks:
>I have been having oodles of trouble with the version of moria that I
>downloaded from atari.archive.  Whenever I load the program, 75% of the time
>it will crash less than three cursor movements after I reach the town.  Is
>this a well known bug, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Apparently the ST's system clock is used in generating random events in
Moria... if you just boot up your ST cold, without setting the clock to some
value other than 00:00:00, the game will hang...

The solution is to use some kind of clock setting utilty, even the Control
Panel ACC will do, to set the time of day...  once you do that, everything
should work fine...

BobR

rcstack@rw5.urc.tue.nl (Studenten Vereniging Stack) (09/27/90)

I got the Turbo-C version of U-moria 5.2.1 (beta) from kukulcan.something.
something (128.32.131.190), It works all right for a beta-release, but
don't push ^D or ^C!!! (It is probably a feature, because it's UNIX-moria ;-)

                                                   Remy Wetzels

Email: Internet: rcstack@urc.tue.nl              Bitnet: rcstack1@heitue5
Computer Association STACK, Computing Centre RC 1.58,
Eindhoven University of Technology, POBox 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, Holland.

muts@fysaj.fys.ruu.nl (Peter Mutsaers /100000) (10/01/90)

rcstack@rw5.urc.tue.nl (Studenten Vereniging Stack) writes:

>I got the Turbo-C version of U-moria 5.2.1 (beta) from kukulcan.something.
>something (128.32.131.190), It works all right for a beta-release, but
>don't push ^D or ^C!!! (It is probably a feature, because it's UNIX-moria ;-)

I put this version there, and when there is a new release of Umoria I'll
have a look at this problem. (I don't know if it is because of my port,
or because of the Umoria sources)

--
Peter Mutsaers                          email:    muts@fysaj.fys.ruu.nl
Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht                         nmutsaer@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl