[comp.sys.atari.st] Dungeon master, ftl

d88pt@efd.lth.se (Peter Tomaszewski) (09/10/90)

Hi,

Does anyone have the maps for Dungeon Master. If you have please send me
a copy.

(Yes I know it is an ooooooold program).

smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) (09/13/90)

A hint book for DungeonMaster that includes maps is available from
E Arthur Brown.  I don't have EAB's address here, but they have ads in
ST World, among other places.   Around $12, as I recall...

jfbruno@rodan.acs.syr.edu (John Bruno) (09/13/90)

In article <750079@hpsad.HP.COM> smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) writes:
>A hint book for DungeonMaster that includes maps is available from
>E Arthur Brown.  I don't have EAB's address here, but they have ads in
>ST World, among other places.   Around $12, as I recall...

You can also 'ftp atari.archive.umich.edu' and look in the /atari/games
directory for the following files:

dmhelp.arc
dml1to7.arc
dml8to14.arc
dmspell.arc

I've never looked at these files, though.

---jb

n8742883@unicorn.wwu.edu (Perry Pederson) (09/14/90)

In article <750079@hpsad.HP.COM> smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) writes:
>A hint book for DungeonMaster that includes maps is available from
>E Arthur Brown.  I don't have EAB's address here, but they have ads in
>ST World, among other places.   Around $12, as I recall...

Or, you can ftp atari@archive and download the Dungeon Master maps for
free.  They are located in the /games directory, and there are three
archived files: one with levels 1-8, another with levels 9-16, and the
third archive has a list of all the spells.  In addition, one of the
three files (I forget which) has a listing of all the items that exist
per level.  The maps are all in Degas format.  I don't know offhand
what the name of the files are, but just enter "dir d*" in the /games
directory and the names should be fairly obvious.

     *****   *******      Perry Pederson:  email: n8742883@unicorn.wwu.edu
    *           *			   GEnie: P.PEDERSON
     ****       *		           Voice: (206) 676-7177
	 *      *
    *****       *
     +++++      +
	  +	+	'I' before 'E' except after 'C'....
       +++	 +
      +		 +		... We sure live in a weird society!
       +++++   ++++++

jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) (09/15/90)

Does any body have handy maps for Chaos Strikes Back? I already completed
the game some time ago, but will like to revisit it with maps and hints.

BTW how about forming a discussion group for atari.st.games? Amiga has one.

me@dude.pcs.com (Michael Elbel) (09/17/90)

jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) writes:
> Does any body have handy maps for Chaos Strikes Back? I already completed
> the game some time ago, but will like to revisit it with maps and hints.

Some months ago, a German Atari magazine had a map printer on it's pd disk.
It lets you print maps of a saved game of both, DM and CSB. You can even
edit the status of doors and traps.

Since I don't know the Copyright, I won't post it. Maybe the author is
listening, or somebody who knows him?

Michael.
--
Michael (X) Elbel 	|  No, I haven't lost my mind, I just
 me@dude.PCS.COM 	|  forgot it in the rush this morning

rrd@hpfinote.HP.COM (Ray Depew x2419) (09/17/90)

From jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) /  3:10 pm  Sep 14, 1990 / :

> BTW how about forming a discussion group for atari.st.games? Amiga has one.

Here's another vote for atari.st.games !  Count me in!

----------
Regards
Ray Depew
HP Colorado IC Division
rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com

jmack@b11.ingr.com (Cery McCormick) (09/22/90)

In article <15330012@hpfinote.HP.COM>, rrd@hpfinote.HP.COM (Ray Depew x2419) writes:
> From jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) /  3:10 pm  Sep 14, 1990 / :
>
> > BTW how about forming a discussion group for atari.st.games? Amiga has one.
>
> Here's another vote for atari.st.games !  Count me in!

	Add one more vote for the atari.st.games. Quite often I seek hints
to solutions of games and it would be nice to post questions on the net
without forcing readers of atari.st to sift through it all.

hardware@rose.uwaterloo.ca (09/24/90)

 Hardware and Software Dave at your Service

leo@materna.uucp (C. Bullerdick) (09/26/90)

jmack@b11.ingr.com (Cery McCormick) writes:

>In article <15330012@hpfinote.HP.COM>, rrd@hpfinote.HP.COM (Ray Depew x2419) writes:
>> From jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) /  3:10 pm  Sep 14, 1990 / :
>>
>> > BTW how about forming a discussion group for atari.st.games? Amiga has one.

Yep! Here's an other vote for c.s.a.s.g.

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) (09/27/90)

[In article <1002@materna.uucp>,
     leo@materna.uucp (C. Bullerdick) writes ... ]

> jmack@b11.ingr.com (Cery McCormick) writes:
>
>>In article <15330012@hpfinote.HP.COM>, rrd@hpfinote.HP.COM (Ray Depew x2419) writes:
>>> From jack@leo.UUCP (Jack Benkual) /  3:10 pm  Sep 14, 1990 / :

> Yep! Here's an other vote for c.s.a.s.g.

If anyone feels strongly that a games newsgroup is merited, the procedure
for establishing newsgroups is well-documented and posted periodically to
news.announce.newusers, news.groups, and news.admin.

I don't think establishing comp.sys.atari.st.games is a good idea. "Amiga
has one" is not an argument that I find persuasive. Proliferating
newsgroups willy-nilly is dangerous. At some point, news administrators
(or perhaps their bosses) will say, "Enough is enough!" and start pulling
plugs.

We are experiencing propagation problems with comp.sys.atari.st.tech, and
perhaps as a result there are many postings in this newsgroup that belong
in the technical discussion. The dust should be allowed to settle from
that fairly recent change before considering another split of the ST
groups.

 --
 Steve Yelvington up at the lake in Minnesota
 steve@thelake.mn.org   plains!umn-cs!thelake!steve

STT@kcbbs.gen.nz (Jon Clarke) (10/01/90)

There is also a CSB editor writen in STOS that allows you to edit all
charactors,rooms, levels etc.. it is called CSBEDIT.ARC . I think that it
was put out by an English magazine called ST User. <I could be wrong>.
You may find it and the other FTL editors on your local BBS, or on GEnie
in the Atari ST RTC. I know we carry them on STaTus BBS here in NZ.

 Jon Clarke

|  o( )  STaTus | The Atari BBS   | Snail mail to : Jon Clarke,     |
| /  /\   BBS.  | in Auckland,NZ  +------------+    RD#2 Drury,     |
|Mail : STT@kcbbs.gen.nz          | MBBS Ver 3 |    New Zealand.    |
|     : 72000,3555 - CIS          | Node 1&2 :+64-9-606067 / 608485 |