[comp.sys.atari.st] VCR Tape backup!

John.Bunch@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) (10/01/90)

I have the seymour/radix DVT vcr tape backup stuff, and have not been
able to get it to work at all!!  I would not recomend it to anyone....

I lost 2 partitons trying to back up with it....  I have learned.  I will
stick with Turtle!!!

John Bunch

--

psurge@cs.utexas.edu (Troy Carpenter) (10/02/90)

In article <1190@beguine.UUCP>, John.Bunch@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) writes:
> I will
> stick with Turtle!!!
>

> John Bunch
>
> --

Ok, I have tried to use Turtle now many times.  I have booted up off a floppy
with a special modified ICD driver with all cache's off and all set to a
minimum to save memory.  When I run turtle, it sets up the ramdisk, but every
once in a while the program says something like "turtle.ttp cannot open file
on drive xx" where xx is the ramdisk letter (I think M).  The program stops,
and when I return to the desktop, all the files that were backed up are hidden
or something...I have to shutdown and wait for a bit, then I can turn my system
back on and the files are back.

I have a 1 meg 1040 st, ICD host adaptor and using the ICD driver.

Has anyone else seen this problem and knows what to do?

                                Troy Carpenter
                        Department of Computer Sciences
                        THE University of Texas, Austin
                              psurge@cs.utexas.edu

"You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor

*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*