From PRA@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au Tue Sep 18 23:38:42 1990
Received-Date: Tue, 18 Sep 90 23:38:28 CDT
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 90 13:13 +1000
From: Peter Annal <PRA@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au>
Subject: Action against user Petra
To: swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu, ma892224@lux.sait.edu.au,
        kentd%bach@uunet.UU.NET, psurge@cs.utexas.edu, ralph@orion.laas.fr,
        ray=newland@banyan.cc.monash.edu.au

Thank you for bringing to my attention the abuse of the NEWS network by the
person Petra. Obviously we cannot be responsible for the items posted by
users but we do treat the matter seriously and take action when we know of
the problem.

We disabled the account of this person once we knew the network name and are
awaiting an opportunity to take the matter further with him or her.

Thank you again for your help, I hope there will be no further incidents.

Peter Annal
Director, Computer Centre
Monash University
Australia

I thank everyone who responded and hats off to everyone for handling this
matter without flying off the proverbial handle.

                                 Troy Carpenter
                        Department of Computer Sciences
                        THE University of Texas, Austin
                              psurge@cs.utexas.edu

jcohen@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Josh Cohen [890918]) (10/01/90)

As a note.. I had tracked him down myself..	His name is
  J. Halliday (HE)  unsure of first name, I mailed him a nasty letter
but it seems that the "authorities" caught up with him just as soon..

Jcohen@islsun1.mse.lehigh.edu

D.C.Halliday@newcastle.ac.uk (D.C. Halliday) (10/02/90)

In article <1156@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU> jcohen@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Josh Cohen [890918]) writes:
>As a note.. I had tracked him down myself..	His name is
>  J. Halliday (HE)  unsure of first name, I mailed him a nasty letter

I thought Halliday was a fairly unusuall name, well it is here in the UK
anyway. Well this one happens to like his STe.

Dave Halliday
(D.C.Halliday@newcastle.ac.uk)