[comp.sys.atari.st] Nec 3D and St

rick@jpusa1.UUCP (Rick Mills) (09/28/90)

	Has anyone used a Nec 3D with an Omniswitch on
an St or Mega?  I haven't had any luck with cables, and
wonder if the switch will will solve my problems.... I'd
hate to buy one to find out the 3D just won't work...
	Thanks for any help!

				-rick mills

------
Rick Mills {gargoyle.uchicago.edu,uunet.uu.net,spl1,ddsw1}!jpusa1.uucp!rick

--
rick

chris@tharr.UUCP (Chris Allen) (09/29/90)

In article <2013@jpusa1.UUCP> rick@jpusa1.chi.il.us (Rick Mills) writes:
>	Has anyone used a Nec 3D with an Omniswitch on
>an St or Mega?  I haven't had any luck with cables, and

The 3D works fine with a switched cable as long as it is well grounded
and shielded. You need a four-pole double-throw switch though.

--
         chris@tharr.uucp  ..!ukc!axion!tharr!chris
  Disclaimer: The views expressed above are those of my employer..

  <-- tharr free public access to Usenet in the UK 0234 261804 -->

mccann@rbdc (Mike McCann) (10/02/90)

rick@jpusa1.UUCP (Rick Mills) writes:

>	Has anyone used a Nec 3D with an Omniswitch on
>an St or Mega?  I haven't had any luck with cables, and
>wonder if the switch will will solve my problems.... I'd
>hate to buy one to find out the 3D just won't work...
>	Thanks for any help!

>				-rick mills

>------
>Rick Mills {gargoyle.uchicago.edu,uunet.uu.net,spl1,ddsw1}!jpusa1.uucp!rick

>--
orry, I don't have Omniswitch. I made my own switchbox, and the 3D works

just dandy with it.

EOFZZ