[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm hint...probably known but...

beroll@ecs.umass.edu (09/26/90)

Date: 25 September 1990

Hi All,
  This might be allready known but...I've been using Uniterm for three years
now, and I just discovered something new (to me any way)
   If you load in a controll panel, and make any changes, ie. color or any
other change, if you save the setup in Uniterm, the changes will stay even
after you remove the control panel.
   I'm sure it was allready known, but just in case!
                                               David Beroll
                                               University of Massachusetts
                                               beroll@umaecs.bitnet
                                               beroll@ecs.umass.edu

hardware@rose.uwaterloo.ca () (09/27/90)

  In case anyone is interested I phoned Intersect Software to find
out that it still exist despite that their BBS isnt operational.
They are switching to Unix software and will be back online in
about a month. They still have Interlink 1.8 for sale at 39.95
and also have Masterlink for sale at 59.95. I am sure if you
have seen Interlink you will more impressed with Masterlink.
It allows vt100,vt52,ansi and many other modes. If I am correct
I think he mentioned it required over 1 meg to use all functions
simultaneously. Masterlink he said would be released in about
a months time. It is suppose to be the ultimate terminal software!
Supports many protocls with many emulations besides all of
interlinks old features

 Intersects BBS number is (813) 924-4590 when it goes back online

 Prices are listed in US dollars.

 Hardware Dave at your Service
 Good movie to see if you like action adventure is "The  Lost Idol"

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (10/06/90)

In article <1990Sep26.192809.9603@watdragon.waterloo.edu> someone writes:

> ... . They still have Interlink 1.8 for sale at 39.95
>and also have Masterlink for sale at 59.95.

I have been using UNITERM for some time now, and like it.
Every other terminal emulator I have looked at has come up
short of my expectations, when compared to UNITERM.

Every now an then someone writes about their favorite terminal emulator,
some of which I have tried, and find wanting.  I am wondering now about
this program "Masterlink".  Before I lay out sixty dollars I would like
to know what I am getting that I do not already have.  So I put the
question:

	What (exactly) does Masterlink offer (for sixty dollars) that
	Uniterm does not already give me (for free).

If someone choses to answer this, please do not quote things
that UNITERM already has.