[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari mice

jahromib@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (B. Jahromi) (10/07/90)

One solution that I have come across is to simply connect a Microsoft bus mouse
directly, with little modification short of connecting the right wires to the
right pins.

csasaki@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Lord of the Universe) (10/09/90)

In article <1990Oct6.194807.25598@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> jahromib@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (B. Jahromi) writes:
>One solution that I have come across is to simply connect a Microsoft bus mouse
>directly, with little modification short of connecting the right wires to the
>right pins.

Does anyone know where I can find documentation on such a procedure?  I would
like to be able to do this.  I have also come into possession of a Mouse Pen,
which connects by a PS/2 connector, or a serial connector.  Does someone have
information if this is a possible connection on the ST?  Thank you very much.

csasaki@jarthur.claremont.edu
Disclaimer:  I wasn't awake.

mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Paul Greelish) (10/09/90)

I don't understand all the fuss about mice.

Last time I checked, Atari would send you a new one for a busted one and $25.

If you want a non-Atari mouse, pick up any ST mag (easier said than
done) and you'll see ads for dozens of 'em... including high-performance
(high price too!) totally optical mice, cordless mice, etc., etc., ad
infinitum, ad nauseum...

|\/|ike Greelish
Carnegie Mellon U. undergrad trying to be helpful

In article <Mb4ElYi00VICQ2x0xL@andrew.cmu.edu> mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Paul Greelish) writes:
>I don't understand all the fuss about mice.
>If you want a non-Atari mouse, pick up any ST mag (easier said than
>done) and you'll see ads for dozens of 'em... including high-performance
>(high price too!) totally optical mice, cordless mice, etc., etc., ad
>infinitum, ad nauseum...

Well, yes, there are a variety of mice available for the ST.  But the
Microsoft Mouse IS a very nice mouse, and it would be nice to connect one to
the ST.  I have not seen a MousePen available for the ST, either.  I happen
to have one right now.  I would like to connect this to my ST.  I would hope
that the procedure would be similar to connecting the Microsoft mouse.  There
are just some hardware items that I have not seen for th ST specifically, that
I would like to adapt.

>|\/|ike Greelish
>Carnegie Mellon U. undergrad trying to be helpful

-------
csasaki@jarthur.claremont.edu
HMC student trying to use a MousePen.

ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (10/09/90)

csasaki@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Lord of the Universe) writes:

- But the Microsoft Mouse IS a very nice mouse, and it would be nice
- to connect one to the ST.

I remember some time ago that someone mentioned that the Konyo mouse
is a Microsoft mouse for the ST.  Does anyone know if this is true?

Ed Krimen    - ekrimen@csuchico.edu -   |||   SysOp, Fuji BBS 916-894-1261
Video Production Major                  |||       [ THIS SPACE AVAILABLE ]
California State University, Chico     / | \      [     LEAVE E-MAIL     ]