[comp.sys.atari.st] PLEASE upload sounds to atari.archive!

dmb@wam.umd.edu (David M. Baggett) (10/07/90)

In article <1613@wet.UUCP> logic@wet.UUCP (Henry Kwan) writes:
>(Hey, in return, I can send a few samples out of my Simpsons library.  It's
>now 20MB in size and will be growing pretty quickly since the new episodes
>are coming out next week!)

How about uploading your sounds to atari.archive.umich.edu?  The samples
are in atari/sound/sounds.  There are a lot of samples there already,
but more are always welcome.  (Upload into the atari/new directory.)

So far I'm the only person to upload sounds there -- c'mon people,
why so stingy?!?  (Thanks go to the few people who mailed me samples
to upload, however.)  I'll even index the new sounds!  How simple
could it be?

The terminator posse are doing a great job with atari.archive, but
remember that they do not get paid for this!  If you have interesting
programs/data, please contribute!

(Not meant to single out Henry...)

Thanks all,

Dave Baggett
dmb%wam.umd.edu@uunet.uu.net

smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) (10/08/90)

So sounds are available in atari/sound/sounds, eh?  How do I get the

directory indexes for directories other than binaries and sources?

D.C.Halliday@newcastle.ac.uk (D.C. Halliday) (10/09/90)

In article <750087@hpsad.HP.COM> smithj@hpsad.HP.COM (Jim Smith) writes:
>So sounds are available in atari/sound/sounds, eh?  How do I get the
>
>directory indexes for directories other than binaries and sources?

Has anybody got a list of the speeds these sounds need to be played at. Also
what do the speeds represent (I am using the play prg from the sound
directory.)

Thanks,

Dave Halliday
(D.C.Halliday@newcastle.ac.uk)