[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm fonts

lean@sbcs.sunysb.edu (Lean L. Loh) (07/04/88)

services of the people at lakesys.  Everything works fine, but I can't get
the fonts to load. The fonts are :

i808.uft      lat808.uft    pro8016.fnt
i13216.uft    lat13216.uft  pro8016.uft
i1328.uft     lat1328.uft   pro13216.fnt  pro808.fnt
i8016.uft     lat8016.uft   pro1328.fnt

	I tried a loadfont( #, fontfilename ), saw the light on the
hard-drive flash, but the fonts on the screen appeared the same. Am I
doing something wrong?  I 'loaded' only the .uft fonts and I use a mono ST.
Help would be much appreciated.  Many thanks.

...LeAn
--
if you can dream it, you can do it.  			 CSNET:lean@sbcs.csnet
... go sleep			      ARPA:lean%suny-sb.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

dstr012@ucscg.UCSC.EDU (10003012) (11/15/89)

Help!!!  Has anyone out there found out how to change the font used by
Uniterm?  I have the fonts but I have not found out how to change them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Roman Baker
.

glk01126@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (11/17/89)

	I remember looking at that feature (<-?), it mentioned something
	about having to load gdos first.  Why would you want to change
	fonts anyway?

	-Spieu!

dhe@uafhcx.uucp (David Ewing) (02/20/90)

    Does anyone out there know the format of the 'uft' font files for
Uniterm 2.0e?  The readme file states that they are supposed to be just the
data part of a GEM font file, and of course, I have no information on that
either.  I'd like to load a IBM font so that I can use Uniterm with our local
IBM BBS's that use those extended characters.  Thank you for anything anyone
can send me.

        -Dave

 dhe@uafhcx.uark.edu                      David Ewing, University of Arkansas
 dhe@uafb15.uark.edu   "DON'T PANIC!!!"       Computer Science Engineering

cstein@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Clifford Stein) (03/04/90)

How do I load alternate character sets for Uniterm, those .UFT files?
(I think that's what they are)

Thanks for any help.

			Cliff Stein

--
cstein@jarthur.claremont.edu  |   "Cops and women don't mix.  It's like
cstein@jarthur.uucp	      |   eating a spoonful of Draino: sure it'll

marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Marshall Harris) (10/04/90)

A while back someone asked how to use the Uniterm fonts. Can someone post
the answer, please? Many thanks.

Internet/CSnet:     marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || Dept.of Computer Science
JANET:    marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uk.ac.ukc || University of Queensland
EAN:                marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || St Lucia, Queensland 4072
Bitnet:marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net || Australia
UUCP: uunet!munnari!batserver.cs.uq.oz.au!marshall || ph:+61 7 377 2909
JUNET:              marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || fax:+61 7 371 0783
* 	   "If you want to make god laugh, show him your plans"            *
*	                   Woody Allen                                     *

gjh@hplb.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (10/04/90)

++ A while back someone asked how to use the Uniterm fonts. Can someone post
++ the answer, please? Many thanks.

Sorry, my fault. I assumed that I was the only one who hadn't RTFM :-)

The definitive "RTFM" from Graham Thomas (grahamt@syma.sussex.ac.uk)

++ ReadMe for UniTerm V2.0d 014 <-|
++ ----------------------------   |
++ 29.8.88                        |This number is displayed on the
++                                 'About UniTerm...' dialog box and
++                                 indicates the "Edit Number"
++
++ Macro Processor & Terminal:
++
++     New macro command:
++
++        LOADFONT(index,filename)
++
++        index (integer) : which font to overload, currently defined
++ values:
++
++                      Index   Font                     Size (B)
++
++                        0     Special       8*16       2048
++                        1     Special       8*8        1024
++                        2     Normal        5*16       1280
++                        3     Normal        5*8         640
++                        4     Special       5*16       1280
++                        5     Special       5*8         640
++                        6     International 8*16       2048
++                        7     International 8*8        1024
++                        8     International 5*16       1280
++                        9     International 5*8         640
++                       10     Tek           6*11       1056
++
++
++
++        filename (string) : complete path to the UFT file
++
++    A UFT file is simply just the data part of a normal GEM (tm)
++    font file, CAUTION: no error checking is done! Do not try
++    to load a font of the wrong size !!!
++
++    I would to use fonts 6 to 9 for self-designed fonts.

Cheers,

Gray
====

Graham Higgins             	|  Phone: (0272) 799910 x 24060
Hewlett-Packard Labs    	|  gjh%ghiggins@hpl.hp.co.uk
Bristol                       	|  gjh%ghiggins@hplb.hpl.hp.com
U.K.                          	|
Disclaimer: My opinions above are exactly that, mine and opinions.

eckmann@ashley.ucsb.edu (10/05/90)

Someone recently asked how to change fonts in Uniterm, and the only reply
I saw was an excerpt from the V2.0d ReadMe file. I apparently need more
specific instructions. I want to use my own favorite 8x16 font in the
vt100 screen instead of the default system font. Is this possible? My GEM
font (constructed with Fontz) is not acceptable to Simon Poole's make_uft
program. (And Simon's sample GEM fonts get lots of complaints from Fontz.)
Are there different GEM font formats? If so, how can I get my font into
the right format? Assuming I can make a UFT font, I need to load it and
change to it. How?

Thanks.
 Steve Eckmann | internet: eckmann@cs.ucsb.edu | phone: (805) 961-4394

In article <6458@hub.ucsb.edu> eckmann@ashley.ucsb.edu () writes:
>Someone recently asked how to change fonts in Uniterm, and the only reply
>I saw was an excerpt from the V2.0d ReadMe file. I apparently need more
>specific instructions. I want to use my own favorite 8x16 font in the
>vt100 screen instead of the default system font. Is this possible? My GEM
>font (constructed with Fontz) is not acceptable to Simon Poole's make_uft
>program. (And Simon's sample GEM fonts get lots of complaints from Fontz.)
>Are there different GEM font formats? If so, how can I get my font into
>the right format? Assuming I can make a UFT font, I need to load it and
>change to it. How?
>
>Thanks.
> Steve Eckmann | internet: eckmann@cs.ucsb.edu | phone: (805) 961-4394

Somewhere in the Uniterm docs it mentions that Uniterm fonts use standard
GEM font data but without any of the header info. I guess that means you
define all 256 character values, and since it only allows fixed-width
fonts, and knows what sizes it expects to see, it reads the data into
memory without any consistency checks or whatever... See if you can strip
your Fontz output files down to the proper dimensions...
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip

marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Marshall Harris) (10/10/90)

In article <6458@hub.ucsb.edu> eckmann@ashley.ucsb.edu () writes:
>Someone recently asked how to change fonts in Uniterm, and the only reply
>I saw was an excerpt from the V2.0d ReadMe file.
>
>Thanks.
> Steve Eckmann | internet: eckmann@cs.ucsb.edu | phone: (805) 961-4394
When you post to Steve, would you post to me too, please? Thanks.
	Marshall Harris