[comp.sys.atari.st] Neodesk 3 incompatibility

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (10/10/90)

I've found my first apparent incompatibility with Neodesk 3: Pressing the
left mouse button in Uniterm (for the cut/add/send menu) yields two bombs,
a dump back to the Neodesk register screen, back to the Neodesk desktop,
then three bombs and a lock-up. Definitely repeatable, doesn't happen with
the same combination of auto programs/accessories without Neodesk.

Auto:	poolfix3
	tos14fix
	pinhed17
	chcache
	neoload
	quiktool
	quickstm
	maccel2
	lgselect

Acc:	qmgr	(Quick Tools)
	graphiti

Stock 1040ST, Supra, mono

#  Bill Sheppard  --  bills@microware.com  --  {uunet,sun}!mcrware!mwca!bill   #
#  Microware Systems Corporation  ---  OS-9: Seven generations beyond __/_!!   #
#######Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them!#######

dejesus@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Francisco Xavier Dejesus) (10/11/90)

In article <1724@mwca.UUCP> bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
>I've found my first apparent incompatibility with Neodesk 3: Pressing the

>Acc:   qmgr    (Quick Tools)
>       graphiti

    I am still waiting for my copy of Neodesk 3, but with the previous
version I have never been able to get the ACC 'graphiti' to work without
it giving be bombs/lockup or having other programs (incl. Uniterm) crash
when it is in memory... try removing it and see what happens...
--

   ___ /      _______________________________      - Francisco X DeJesus
   |- / \/                                  \\

ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (10/11/90)

dejesus@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Francisco Xavier Dejesus) writes:

- In article <1724@mwca.UUCP> bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
- >I've found my first apparent incompatibility with Neodesk 3:
-
- >Acc:   qmgr    (Quick Tools)
- >       graphiti
-
-    I am still waiting for my copy of Neodesk 3, but with the previous
- version I have never been able to get the ACC 'graphiti' to work without
- it giving be bombs/lockup or having other programs (incl. Uniterm) crash
- when it is in memory... try removing it and see what happens...

I have Graphiti and NeoDesk 2.05 (also waiting for NeoDesk 3.0
upgrade) and have had NO problems getting graphiti to work with
NeoDesk.

Ed Krimen    - ekrimen@csuchico.edu -   |||   SysOp, Fuji BBS 916-894-1261
Video Production Major                  |||       [ THIS SPACE AVAILABLE ]
California State University, Chico     / | \      [     LEAVE E-MAIL     ]