[comp.sys.atari.st] new atari laser printer

dh@tardis.cs.ed.ac.uk (10/10/90)

Hi..I hae heard on the grapevine in Europe that Atari are set to launch
a new laser printer, the SLM605, which is to be replacing the SLM804.

Can anyone confirm this?
If it is true, can anyone tell me the full spec and price of this printer.

Apparently, it will have inbuilt RAM and a parallel port so that it can be
used by computers other than the ST.

Richard

ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (10/10/90)

-
- Can anyone confirm this?  If it is true, can anyone tell me the full
- spec and price of this printer.

I heard it's going to be 6 pages per minute instead of 8 and a little
bit cheaper.  I think I read US$1295 retail.

- Apparently, it will have inbuilt RAM and a parallel port so that it
- can be used by computers other than the ST.

I heard this as well when I first heard about the printer, but later
read that it was just going to be like the SLM-804, just a little
slower and cheaper.

It's really just speculation until the printer is released.

Ed Krimen    - ekrimen@csuchico.edu -   |||   SysOp, Fuji BBS 916-894-1261
Video Production Major                  |||       [ THIS SPACE AVAILABLE ]
California State University, Chico     / | \      [     LEAVE E-MAIL     ]

eric@abode.UUCP (Eric C. Bennett) (10/12/90)

In article <1990Oct09.233117.2429@ecst.csuchico.edu> ekrimen@cscihp.UUCP (Ed Krimen) writes:
>dh@tardis.cs.ed.ac.uk writes:
>

>It's really just speculation until the printer is released.

	Now, boys and girls, can you say VAPORWARE?!

   Eric
--
     Eric C. Bennett     uucp: {elroy|cit-vax}!wciu!abode!eric
     El Monte, Ca    Internet: eric@abode.wciu.edu

If you can read this you aren't looking through the hubble space telescope!

ALBERT_DAYES@bdt.UUCP (10/14/90)

This new SL805 laser printer will be 6ppm and be compatible with toner and
other aspects from more common laser printers ... so users never have to hunt
down SL804 toner cartidges and other things.