[comp.sys.atari.st] help on megamax, please.

tester@brb.isnet.inmos.co.uk (10/18/90)

From : Steve, Inmos, UK.

Date : 18 October 1990

Subj : Help with Megamax.

I am using the Megamax C compiler to write a program
which will perform maths on long words. I am having
trouble getting a long variable to hold the number
#80000000 (ie the most negative number possible in four
bytes).

It does not seem to matter whether the number in inputted
in hex, decimal or binary and I have tried putting in the
number #80000001 (which works fine) and then subtracting 1.

When I try to print the result I get the characters
'(..*()-)' or similar. The program does not crash, but then
it does not give the correct result either.

I dont really want to change to another C compiler so any
help would be appreciated. (Like does your machine do the
same).

Please would you Email any response (as well as post it)
because our server is flakey.

                  Thanks,

                    Steve, Inmos, UK.