[comp.sys.atari.st] de .Z on the ST

CXS128@psuvm.psu.edu (10/13/90)

  Is there a program on the ST to un .Z the znet listings on atari.archive,
My local machine dosn't support the unix compress procedure.  I can do it on
an ibm pc but this requires the use of three different computers to download,
uncompress, and read.
                                                       John T.

ekrimen@csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (10/14/90)

CXS128@psuvm.psu.edu (John T.) writes:

-  Is there a program on the ST to un .Z the znet listings on
- atari.archive, My local machine dosn't support the unix compress
- procedure.  I can do it on an ibm pc but this requires the use of
- three different computers to download, uncompress, and read.

There's a program called 'compress.ttp' which compresses and
decompresses .Z files.  It seems to take a lot of RAM.  It also seems
to drop off the last character in each line when I decompress text
files; I don't know why it does this.  I think I got it off
atari.archive.

Ed Krimen    - ekrimen@csuchico.edu -   |||   SysOp, Fuji BBS 916-894-1261
Video Production Major                  |||       [ THIS SPACE AVAILABLE ]
California State University, Chico     / | \      [     LEAVE E-MAIL     ]

remy@gem.stack.urc.tue.nl (Remy Wetzels) (10/18/90)

CXS128@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>  Is there a program on the ST to un .Z the znet listings on atari.archive,
>My local machine dosn't support the unix compress procedure.  I can do it on
>an ibm pc but this requires the use of three different computers to download,
>uncompress, and read.
>
>                                                       John T.

Yes, compress for the atari-st can be found at almost any atari-archive..
I got mine at sol.cs.ruu.nl.