[comp.sys.atari.st] Other FTP sites

CXS128@psuvm.psu.edu (10/20/90)

Here are some ftp sites I havn't seen mentioned here.
These are all pretty old sites but I have logged onto all and they are still
there.  Maby there is some old program on one of these sites which hasn't shown
 up on atari.archive, but, maby not.
cseg.uark.edu
ix1.cc.utexas.edu
ummts.cc.umich.edu   cd PC7
plains.nodak.edu
                                                   John T.

In article <90292.221400CXS128@psuvm.psu.edu> <CXS128@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>Here are some ftp sites I havn't seen mentioned here.
>These are all pretty old sites but I have logged onto all and they are still
>there.  Maby there is some old program on one of these sites which hasn't shown
> up on atari.archive, but, maby not.
>cseg.uark.edu
>ix1.cc.utexas.edu
>ummts.cc.umich.edu   cd PC7
>plains.nodak.edu

The archive on ummts.cc.umich.edu is pretty out of date. We (folks at
atari.archive) started there originally, but the base system is sort of a
pain to use. We just haven't cleaned off of there completely, and there is
still a local user base that likes that system (MTS) more than Unix. (Or
something like that...) Anyway..... Just about everything that's ever been
on the MTS archives is also at atari.archive.umich.edu.

At some point it would be nice to go thru and cull out all the old stuff,
but who ever has spare time these days, eh?

[And I haven't even gone thru all the circa-1986 stuff I grabbed when I was
starting in this area. Yeehah. Funny how most people complain that there's not
enough software, but every time I look there's too much to manage. Twisted
world, eh?]
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip