[comp.sys.atari.st] terminator and atarimgr.zoo

paulm@ccicpg.UUCP (Paul Moreau) (10/16/90)

   For the passed week I've made several attempts to get terminator
   to send me the utilities/atarimgr.zoo file but I get no responce.

   I've recieved other files before so I assume I'm doing it right.
   The command I'm using via uunet is sendb utiltities/atarimgr.zoo

   I installed MiNT on my ST and can't wait to try MGR on it.
   Can anybody else send me or tell me where I can get the binaries
   for MGR ,I can't ftp :^( .

   Thanx in advance, Paul Moreau.
---
  .==============================================================.
  | ### ####### ###     |     N O R T H     |  /==============\  |
  | ### ###     ###     |   A M E R I C A   | < An STC Company > |
  | ### ####### ####### |     (was CCI)     |  \==============/  |
  |--------------------------------------------------------------|
  | UUCP:  ...ccicpg!dl2!paulm    |        Paul L. Moreau        |
  |   or   ...ccicpg!dl1!paulm    | Sr. Diagnostics Software Eng |
  |   or   ...ccicpg!paulm        |      Irvine, California      |
  `=============================================================='

In article <90298@ccicpg.UUCP> paulm@ccicpg.UUCP (Paul Moreau) writes:
>   For the passed week I've made several attempts to get terminator
>   to send me the utilities/atarimgr.zoo file but I get no responce.

>   I've recieved other files before so I assume I'm doing it right.
>   The command I'm using via uunet is sendb utiltities/atarimgr.zoo

The atarimgr.zoo file is over 400K in size and the mail server only allows
200K of requests per user per day. I guess I'll have to go in and manually
split the files. (mgrdemos.zoo is over 600K.)

(Say, I have an idea for a new feature for BART.... Oh Jon....  }-)
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip

dyer@math.lsa.umich.edu (Jon Brode) (10/18/90)

In article <1990Oct17.205445.26199@math.lsa.umich.edu> hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
>The atarimgr.zoo file is over 400K in size and the mail server only allows
>200K of requests per user per day. I guess I'll have to go in and manually
>split the files. (mgrdemos.zoo is over 600K.)

The server allows 400k of request per day. If you want to get anything
larger than that you must request it by parts until you get the whole
thing.

This is all in the help file...

>(Say, I have an idea for a new feature for BART.... Oh Jon....  }-)

All the needed features are there. The trick is getting people to
RTFHF.

Jon

david@doe.utoronto.ca (David Megginson) (10/18/90)

In article <1990Oct17.205445.26199@math.lsa.umich.edu> hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
>In article <90298@ccicpg.UUCP> paulm@ccicpg.UUCP (Paul Moreau) writes:
>>   For the passed week I've made several attempts to get terminator
>>   to send me the utilities/atarimgr.zoo file but I get no responce.
>
>>   I've recieved other files before so I assume I'm doing it right.
>>   The command I'm using via uunet is sendb utiltities/atarimgr.zoo
>
>The atarimgr.zoo file is over 400K in size and the mail server only allows
>200K of requests per user per day. I guess I'll have to go in and manually
>split the files. (mgrdemos.zoo is over 600K.)
>
>(Say, I have an idea for a new feature for BART.... Oh Jon....  }-)
>--
>  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

_NOT_ necessary. BART allows you to retrieve files in pieces. I haven't
used it for a while, but you just type the parts (aa,ab,etc.) after the
file name. Figure out how many you can order without going over the
limit, and order only those parts. That's how I managed to order the whole
gcc 1.37 source from BART (it took over a week -- I really prefer FTP when
available).

David Megginson

/  David Megginson                      david@doe.utoronto.ca          /
/  Centre for Medieval Studies          meggin@vm.epas.utoronto.ca     /

jvt@its.bt.co.uk (John Trickey) (10/22/90)

In article <1990Oct17.205445.26199@math.lsa.umich.edu> hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
>In article <90298@ccicpg.UUCP> paulm@ccicpg.UUCP (Paul Moreau) writes:
>>   For the passed week I've made several attempts to get terminator
>>   to send me the utilities/atarimgr.zoo file but I get no responce.
>
>>   I've recieved other files before so I assume I'm doing it right.
>>   The command I'm using via uunet is sendb utiltities/atarimgr.zoo
>
>The atarimgr.zoo file is over 400K in size and the mail server only allows
>200K of requests per user per day. I guess I'll have to go in and manually
>split the files. (mgrdemos.zoo is over 600K.)
>
>(Say, I have an idea for a new feature for BART.... Oh Jon....  }-)

I've encountered this problem.  Trouble is, part of the information
is in BART's help but what it omits to tell you *which* files
are split into parts.  I have found a part to be about 30K so whenever
I request a file over this size, I request it in parts - seems to
work ok......

2 ideas for Jon -
   1) a request for a split file results in BART sending what it can
   up to the requestor's limit.
   2) the index includes an indication of the number of parts.

Hope this helps.

John
--
John Trickey <jvt@its.bt.co.uk> || ..!mcsun!ukc!axion!its