[comp.sys.atari.st] Quattro Pro vs. Lotus

mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) (10/20/90)

I see that Lotus is kickin butt in the courts over its product. Or atlest
my friend is always telling me so.  I'm a fan of Quattro Pro.  Does anyone
know of a news group where I can keep up with the latest on this topic?

darekm@microsoft.UUCP (Darek MIHOCKA) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct19.220720.25578@rodan.acs.syr.edu> mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) writes:
>I see that Lotus is kickin butt in the courts over its product. Or atlest
>my friend is always telling me so.  I'm a fan of Quattro Pro.  Does anyone
>know of a news group where I can keep up with the latest on this topic?

If you want to kick butt and not worry about legal battles, then I can only
recommend one spreadsheet to you: Excel. It is without a doubt the finest
spreadsheet I have ever had the pleasure to use, and it runs on Windows,
OS/2 PM, and the Mac (and Spectre too!). An excellent product, written by
some of the greatest computer minds in this universe. Or you can get Wingz
if compatibility with the rest of the world doesn't matter to you.

- Darek

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (10/24/90)

In article <58475@microsoft.UUCP> darekm@microsoft.UUCP (Darek MIHOCKA) writes:
>In article <1990Oct19.220720.25578@rodan.acs.syr.edu> mjducey@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Matthew J. Ducey) writes:
>>I see that Lotus is kickin butt in the courts over its product. Or atlest
>>my friend is always telling me so.  I'm a fan of Quattro Pro.  Does anyone
>>know of a news group where I can keep up with the latest on this topic?
>>

>If you want to kick butt and not worry about legal battles, then I can only
>recommend one spreadsheet to you: Excel. It is without a doubt the finest
>spreadsheet I have ever had the pleasure to use, and it runs on Windows,
>OS/2 PM, and the Mac (and Spectre too!). An excellent product, written by
>some of the greatest computer minds in this universe. Or you can get Wingz
>if compatibility with the rest of the world doesn't matter to you.

GREAT!  Peddling his own hacks wasn't good enough.  Now he has the
nerve to peddle Microsoft's as well.  Maybe it's time to send
copies of this crap to his postmaster.  I just scrolled by another
Quick ST advertisement.

Chris

Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |