[comp.sys.atari.st] DVI previewer for color monitor sought

andrew@.cs.utk.edu (Andrew Krzywdzinski) (10/28/90)

Could anybody suggest a solid previewer for the DVI files ?
I looked at dvist, dviatari, showdvi, and probably couple more I forgot
about. But they were all made for monochrome monitors, and alas, I
have a color monitor. None of them seem to be able to cope reasonably
with color monitors.
If anybody knows about a previewer that does work well, please let me know.
If there is no such thing, I am willing to work on some existing program
and incorporate the color monitor support. Therefore, pointing me to source
code would be appreciated, too.
Many thanks,

Andrew Krzywdzinski
1732 Laurel Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37916
USA

7103_2622@uwovax.uwo.ca (Eric Smith) (10/29/90)

In article <1990Oct28.020532.22888@cs.utk.edu>, andrew@.cs.utk.edu (Andrew Krzywdzinski) writes:
> Could anybody suggest a solid previewer for the DVI files ?
> I looked at dvist, dviatari, showdvi, and probably couple more I forgot
> about. But they were all made for monochrome monitors, and alas, I
> have a color monitor. None of them seem to be able to cope reasonably
> with color monitors.

dviatari certainly does work on color monitors; I wrote it because I was
having the same problem as you (I only have a color monitor). Try it again,
and make sure the environment variables are set up correctly.
--
Eric R. Smith                     email:
Dept. of Mathematics            ersmith@uwovax.uwo.ca

stabl@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Robert Stabl) (10/29/90)

Andrew> Could anybody suggest a solid previewer for the DVI files ?
Andrew> I looked at dvist, dviatari, showdvi, and probably couple more I forgot
Andrew> about. But they were all made for monochrome monitors, and alas, I
Andrew> have a color monitor. None of them seem to be able to cope reasonably
Andrew> with color monitors.
Try version 1.0 of showdvi. It should run on color screens, too.
This previewer is available via anonymous ftp from
atari.archive.umich.edu (/atari/tex: showdvi-1.0.zoo),
unido.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (/pub/comp/atari-st/StTeX: showdvi-1.0b.zoo),
forwiss.uni-passau.de (/archive/atari/tex: showdvi-1.0b.zoo).