[comp.sys.atari.st] Quicklock

entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) (10/25/90)

In article <ROEDER.90Oct23153846@robin.cs.uni-sb.de> roeder@robin.cs.uni-sb.de (Edgar &) writes:
   The quicklock program and accessory allows you to write- and/or
   read-protect some partitions of your harddisk. With a single password,
   you can reenable the read/write-access to the partitions. This gives
   you two levels of permissions. People knowing the right password can
   access everything, others have only restricted access to some
   partitions.
   We use this system at the university to prevent (accidental) damage of
   our program and system partitions.

   Hope this helps!

	   - Edgar

This utility sounds very interesting.  What is its distribution
status, and where is it available or how much does it cost?
              nick

--
  | | |   ncastellano@{eagle.wesleyan.edu, wesleyan.bitnet}
  | | |   entropy@ai.mit.edu
 /  |  \  Sinkhole!dEADHEAd[@mast.citadel.moundst.mn.org] (call 203-873-8518)
/   |   \ snikt!entropy

darekm@microsoft.UUCP (Darek MIHOCKA) (10/29/90)

In article <ENTROPY.90Oct25024247@mole.ai.mit.edu> entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) writes:
>This utility sounds very interesting.  What is its distribution
>status, and where is it available or how much does it cost?
>              nick

Quick Lock is one of the 11 different utilities you get in the Quick Tools
utilities. It is available from most Atari ST dealers in Canada and the US,
mail order dealers, and directly from us.

Since this network is infested with a bunch of do-gooder-anti-profit users
who whine a lot, I can send you more infromation, such as pricing and features
in private email.

- Darek

  Darek Mihocka  (206)-885-5893 643-9697   All views expressed are my own.
  Branch Always Software, 14150 NE 20th St. Suite 302, Bellevue, WA  98007
  Makers of the Quick ST 2.2 accelerator and the Quick Tools utility pack.