[comp.sys.atari.st] New stuff on atari.archive

Excerpt from a message from Michael Ritzert...

%From:    Ritzert%DMZRZU71.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
%Subject: Re^2: blitter problems

%>> P.S.: Some weeks ago, i tried to email You some software i have ported
%>> to the st (sc61, tr2tex, gnuplot2.0, beebe based tex drivers for
%>> overscan and desk jet). Did anything arrive at Your site?

I have just received these files and put them into the new directory on
atari.archive.umich.edu. I'll be moving them to more appropriate locations
after posting this message... Michael sent the following files:

	gnu881.zoo	pml-compatible 68881 library for gcc
	dvidrv-s.zoo	source code for DVI drivers mentioned above
	dvidrv-x.zoo	DVI driver executables
	gnuplt_s.zoo	source for GNU Plot 2.0
	gnuplt_x.zoo	executables
	sc61_s.zoo	source for the PD spreadsheet, v6.1
	sc61_x.zoo	executables for SC
	t2t_s.zoo	source for troff-2-tex converter
	t2t_x.zoo	executables for troff-2-tex

%Tomorrow I'll start working on sc6.8. Lotus compatible.

Looking forward to seeing this...

%There's also a unix version of the DeskJet driver. It has been
%implemented on an 88/open system (Tek xd88/10). It does only support the
%compression mode 2 output routines and still uses the original font
%searching and replacing algorithm (the tos version has one which is
%better but still has to be improved). I simply don't know how to read a
%directory in a manner portable between bsd, sys V.3, and minix and
%Eric's tos lib (that's where i have to develop the code) exept
%using something like system("ls > tempfile") (wouldn't work with gulam
%due to its sorting) and analysing this.

I haven't examined the contents of the archives, other than to verify that
they arrived intact. I imagine you can get more info about these from
Michael. Also, he apparently doesn't have Usenet access, but reads the
Info-Atari16 mailing list. Does anyone know the current distribution point
for this list? He mentioned that he has been unable to post to that list.

% M. Ritzert
% mjr@dmzrzu71.bitnet
% ritzert@dmzrzu71.bitnet
% ritzert@dfg.dbp.de
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Mac// - adv., q.v. MacToo, e.g.  McHave a McHappy McDay!
		McThanks, McYou MacToo!