[comp.sys.atari.st] New Games

spejic@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Stjepan Zoran Pejic) (10/24/90)

   Speaking about new games, has anyone seen the new Falcon Mission Disk        or Flight of the Intruder? Opinions?                                                                                                                                                                          - spejic

a23@mindlink.UUCP (Joel Murray) (10/25/90)

> mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <Yb9p67W00WAuQHymMx@andrew.cmu.edu>
>
> Org.  : Class of '92, Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA
> Person: Michael Paul Greelish
>
> Falcon Mission Disk II is called Operation: Firefight. I don't know if
> dealers have it yet, but MicroProse sent me an ad for it since I am a
> registered owner of Falcon. It costs $19.95 direct from them and sounds
> pretty cool... HARM missles, AMRAAM Air-to-Air Missles, Hind-D gunships
> and MiG-27 fighter/bombers to tangle with...
>
> BTW, their promotional ad was really tacky... it had "Mobilization
> Orders" printed on it, and this pompous pseudo-official look... seemed
> like they were trying to capitalize on the Iraq thing. I wrote them a
> critical letter, even though I am interested in the product ;-) .
> Haven't heard back from them yet.

No wonder you haven't heard back from them yet; Falcon is made by Spectrum
Holobyte!

  = Joel Murray / Vancouver, British Columbia  /  Canada, Eh? =
  = a23@mindlink.uucp   [or]  uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!a23 =

erkamp@arc.ab.ca (Bob Erkamp) (10/26/90)

In article <27255205.7519@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> spejic@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Stjepan Zoran Pejic) writes:

>   Speaking about new games, has anyone seen the new Falcon Mission Disk        or Flight of the Intruder? Opinions?
I saw the disk but it was going for $40 cdn. and I wasn't inclined to part
with that kind of beans without more info. I decided it was time to send
in my registration card and maybe I could get cheaper directly.

Bob

mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Paul Greelish) (10/26/90)

Falcon Mission Disk II is called Operation: Firefight. I don't know if
dealers have it yet, but MicroProse sent me an ad for it since I am a
registered owner of Falcon. It costs $19.95 direct from them and sounds
pretty cool... HARM missles, AMRAAM Air-to-Air Missles, Hind-D gunships
and MiG-27 fighter/bombers to tangle with...

BTW, their promotional ad was really tacky... it had "Mobilization
Orders" printed on it, and this pompous pseudo-official look... seemed
like they were trying to capitalize on the Iraq thing. I wrote them a
critical letter, even though I am interested in the product ;-) .
Haven't heard back from them yet.
______________
|\    /|
|  \/  |  ike Greelish
Carnegie-Mellon U. undergrad
quote: "CMU is as close to artificial reality as you can get in 1990."
stupid disclaimer: My opinions are MINE MINE MINE all MINE!!!

pv@polari.UUCP (Paul Varn) (10/29/90)

In article <1990Oct25.193804.9271@arc.ab.ca> erkamp@arcsun.UUCP (Bob Erkamp) writes:
>In article <27255205.7519@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> spejic@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Stjepan Zoran Pejic) writes:
>>
>>   Speaking about new games, has anyone seen the new Falcon Mission Disk        or Flight of the Intruder? Opinions?
>I saw the disk but it was going for $40 cdn. and I wasn't inclined to part
>with that kind of beans without more info. I decided it was time to send
>in my registration card and maybe I could get cheaper directly.
>
>Bob
New Falcon mission disks are offered at a discount to Falcon owners.
-PV-
     /+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+\
     +   COMMENTS COMPLIMENTS CONTINOUS COMPLAINTS   +
     "             COURTESY: Paul Varn               "
     +   UUCP: pv@polari             GEnie: p.varn   +

mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Paul Greelish) (10/30/90)

Ha ha ha. I *SENT* the letter to Spectrum Holobyte, I just *THOUGHT*
that Microprose was the company... I bboard on-campus, my ST (and the
letter Spectrum Holobyte sent me) are at home, 2 miles away.

BTW, everything else I said was accurate. Excuuuuuuse me!
|\    /|