[comp.sys.atari.st] SysMon

gaertner@tertius.uucp (09/29/90)

SYSMON is shareware, i've got a version and i can post the address
of the author if it is needed (unfortunately i got at at home).

Ralf Gaertner                       gaertner@fhi-berlin.mpg.dbp.de
Oldenburgerstr. 2
D - 1000 Berlin 21
FRG

entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) (09/29/90)

I downloaded SYSMON from the site in germany someone mentioned.  It
unpacked fine but the executable gives 2 bombs when I run it.  Can't
figure out what's wrong, as the docs are in German.  Does it require
TOS 1.4?
--
  | | |   ncastellano@{eagle.wesleyan.edu, wesleyan.bitnet}
  | | |   entropy@ai.mit.edu
 /  |  \  Sinkhole!dEADHEAd[@mast.citadel.moundst.mn.org] (call 203-873-8518)
/   |   \ snikt!entropy

fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu (Michael Fischer) (09/30/90)

In article <ENTROPY.90Sep29115453@mole.ai.mit.edu> entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) writes:
>I downloaded SYSMON from the site in germany someone mentioned.  It
>unpacked fine but the executable gives 2 bombs when I run it.  Can't
>figure out what's wrong, as the docs are in German.  Does it require
>TOS 1.4?

I did the same thing, and it works for me.  I do have TOS 1.4.  The
docs contain a long list of TOS versions which it knows about.  I
think you will need to read the docs.  There is a lot to learn about
the program that would be hard to figure out by just playing with it.
You should also be aware that it is shareware and what the shareware
conditions are.
| Michael Fischer <fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu>  |

entropy@churchy.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) (09/30/90)

>In article <ENTROPY.90Sep29115453@mole.ai.mit.edu> entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) writes:
>>I downloaded SYSMON from the site in germany someone mentioned.  It
>>unpacked fine but the executable gives 2 bombs when I run it.  Can't
>>figure out what's wrong, as the docs are in German.  Does it require
>>TOS 1.4?
>
>I did the same thing, and it works for me.  I do have TOS 1.4.  The
>docs contain a long list of TOS versions which it knows about.  I
>think you will need to read the docs.  There is a lot to learn about
>the program that would be hard to figure out by just playing with it.
>You should also be aware that it is shareware and what the shareware
>conditions are.

I'd be more than happy to read the docs, but they are in German.
Anyone want to translate them?

--

blackbox@mcshh.hanse.de (Michael Kistenmacher) (10/02/90)

entropy@churchy.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) writes:

>>In article <ENTROPY.90Sep29115453@mole.ai.mit.edu> entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) writes:

>I'd be more than happy to read the docs, but they are in German.
>Anyone want to translate them?

HI,

Karsten Isakovic, the Author of SYS_MON will post the english Version
in the next week. The old Version 1.0.4 only works with German issues
of the ATARI TOS. The new Version, which has not been accessable for the public
will work with all TOS VER's. Keep in touch.....you will be surprised,
what this program can do for you.

Bye...Michael

marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Marshall Harris) (10/04/90)

In article <2319@atari.UUCP> towns@atari.UUCP (John Townsend) writes:
>in article <6776@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de>, roeder@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de (Edgar Roeder) says:
>> In article <761@accucx.cc.ruu.nl>, jeroen@pluto.phil.ruu.nl (Jeroen Scheerder) writes:
>>> I've read an article in a recent German magazine reviewing a shareware
>>> program called SYSMON.....
>> Where else if not at cs.uni-sb.de [134.96.7.254] ? :-).
>> Look for /pub/atari/tools/sysmon.tos (a self-unpacking lharc-archive).
I downloaded it. All the docs are in German, which I find rather hard to
translate. (One year of German in High School, way back when!).
Also, under my TOS1.0 I get 3 bombs when I try to run the *.prg.
Can anyone help? - translate, explain why it bombs? Thanks

Internet/CSnet:     marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || Dept.of Computer Science
JANET:    marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uk.ac.ukc || University of Queensland
EAN:                marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || St Lucia, Queensland 4072
Bitnet:marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net || Australia
UUCP: uunet!munnari!batserver.cs.uq.oz.au!marshall || ph:+61 7 377 2909
JUNET:              marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || fax:+61 7 371 0783

ki@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Karsten Isakovic) (11/02/90)

Hello,

i allready have recieved corrected versions of the SysMon manual, so
please don't send me more.

I have done some bug-fixes, if enough people are interested, i will
post the version in december (Till then, i will complete it with
some new features :-)

Karsten Isakovic      ki@opal.tu-berlin.cs.de