[comp.sys.atari.st] GEMINI et al

clive@aldetec.oz.au (Clive Salvidge) (10/29/90)

I got a copy of GEMINI 1.1 from atari.archive and was most impressed with it.
It is quite like NEODESK but has a good shell...

Sadly, all the DOC's and info are in GERMAN!, my German is limited to about
100 words..  So, is there any information out there in net land in ENGLISH
for this handsome looking suite --  Where is it, lemeatit!

Also, if any kind soul has fought their way in..

What is the difference between GEMINI and VENUS as they look the sameish to me.
The Make supplied with SOZOBON bombs when run from it - any idea's.

Thanks!
..Clive

Clive Salvidge   ACSnet : clive@aldetec.oz | Internet :  clive@aldetec.oz.au
Aldetec Pty Ltd.                 Voice    :  +61-9-4451888   0900 - 1700 WST
_____________< Got to think of something to put in here! >________________

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (10/29/90)

-
- Sadly, all the DOC's and info are in GERMAN!, my German is limited
- to about 100 words..  So, is there any information out there in net
- land in ENGLISH for this handsome looking suite --  Where is it,
- lemeatit!

GEMINIUK is the English version.  It's around here somewhere.  I'm
surprised it's not at atari.archive.  Look in the binaries section.
I don't know where I got my copy, but I have it.  I can post it if
you want, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't there already.

- Also, if any kind soul has fought their way in..
-
- What is the difference between GEMINI and VENUS as they look the
- sameish to me.  The Make supplied with SOZOBON bombs when run from
- it - any idea's.

I'd like to know this as well.  Is Venus and Mupfel just the GUI and
CLI of Gemini in separate forms?

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

eahsnsr@nmt.edu (Eric A. Hobbs) (10/29/90)

In article <283@aldetec.oz.au> clive@aldetec.oz.au (Clive Salvidge) writes:
>I got a copy of GEMINI 1.1 from atari.archive and was most impressed with it.
>It is quite like NEODESK but has a good shell...
>
>Sadly, all the DOC's and info are in GERMAN!, my German is limited to about
>100 words..  So, is there any information out there in net land in ENGLISH
>for this handsome looking suite --  Where is it, lemeatit!
>
>Also, if any kind soul has fought their way in..
>
>What is the difference between GEMINI and VENUS as they look the sameish to me.
>The Make supplied with SOZOBON bombs when run from it - any idea's.
>
>Thanks!
>..Clive
>
>--
>Clive Salvidge   ACSnet : clive@aldetec.oz | Internet :  clive@aldetec.oz.au
>Aldetec Pty Ltd.                 Voice    :  +61-9-4451888   0900 - 1700 WST
>_____________< Got to think of something to put in here! >________________

There is an English version in volume11 of the panarthea archive.
    It's called geminiuk

Hope this helps.

Eric HOBBS!!
eahsnsr@JUPITER.nmt.edu

GERLOFF@tubvm.cs.tu-berlin.de (Olaf Gerloff) (10/29/90)

In article <1990Oct29.030236.19470@ecst.csuchico.edu>, ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu

>I'd like to know this as well.  Is Venus and Mupfel just the GUI and
>CLI of Gemini in separate forms?

You are right!

Greetings, Olaf

leo@materna.uucp (C. Bullerdick) (11/03/90)

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:

>- I got a copy of GEMINI 1.1 from atari.archive and was most
>- impressed with it.  It is quite like NEODESK but has a good shell...
>-
>- What is the difference between GEMINI and VENUS as they look the
>- sameish to me.
>
>I'd like to know this as well.  Is Venus and Mupfel just the GUI and
>CLI of Gemini in separate forms?

Yes, thats the way it is, Venus is the graphic-shell und Mupfel command-
line-interface. Gemini is both shells combined in one program. Venus do
not perform file-commands (copy, delete, ...) itself, it needs Mupfel to
do other things than just starting programs and managing itself.
A hint: try to get Gemini V1.2, its realy superb and has many improvements.
But i'm not the one to tell you this, i'm shure you soon will read something
about the new version...

>--

 C. "Leo" B.