[comp.sys.atari.st] DC Software

jgw88@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Webb JE) (10/30/90)

Why doesn't DC Show work on my hard disk. (This includes DCShowpic,
DCShowArc)
If called by pressing the function keys, they all work OK, but if I
double click on for example, a text file, an arc file, or a picture file
then it zooms the icon out then just sits there, no text display , and
locks up the desktop.

I have installed them according to the manual, and use DCConfig etc.
My set up is as follows: 1040 STF with 45MByte TCT hard disk drive. The
harddisk drive uses the ICD drivers. I had no other TSR running at the
time.

Please help me, as DCDesktop is a great product, and if I'm doing
something stpuid I'd like to know.

 Thanks in advance,
	-- Jason

J.E. not J.F.

uace0@menudo.uh.edu (Michael B. Vederman) (11/02/90)

In article <789@ecs.soton.ac.uk> jgw88@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Webb JE) writes:
>Why doesn't DC Show work on my hard disk. (This includes DCShowpic,
>DCShowArc)
>If called by pressing the function keys, they all work OK, but if I
>double click on for example, a text file, an arc file, or a picture file
>then it zooms the icon out then just sits there, no text display , and
>locks up the desktop.

Sounds to me like you have a line in your desktop.inf file that causes a
program to be run to view the file you are double clicking.

When you double click on a non-program file, you should see a dialog like:
SHOW | PRINT | CANCEL

The 'zoom boxes' indicate the desktop is attempting to run a program, and
is attempting to pass the file you double clicked as a parameter to that
program.

Look for a line in your desktop.inf file (probably close to the bottom) that
looks similar to:

#G 03 FF   SOMEPROG.PRG@ *.*@

This line would be placed there if you did an INSTALL APPLICATION on some
program, and then typed in: *.* for the document type.

>I have installed them according to the manual, and use DCConfig etc.
>My set up is as follows: 1040 STF with 45MByte TCT hard disk drive. The
>harddisk drive uses the ICD drivers. I had no other TSR running at the
>time.
>
>Please help me, as DCDesktop is a great product, and if I'm doing
>something stpuid I'd like to know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>	-- Jason
>
>J.E. not J.F.

Thanks for the complement.

- mike

Double Click Me | Double Click Software | P.O. Box 741206 | Houston, Tx, 77274
Voice: (713)977-6520 | DC DESKTOP | DC FORMATTER | DC UTILITIES | and others

brownp@dg-rtp.dg.com (Peter Brown) (11/03/90)

Is DC DeskTOP a commercial product or public domain?  Can someone tell me
more about it?

Thanks.