[net.wanted] Car for sale

dlr (05/16/82)

For Sale:
	1974 Mazda RX-3. Body poor. New battery, water pump, rear wheel
bearing, and exhaust. Michelin zx on all 4 corners. AM/FM cassette.
Hose heater. Runs good. Needs shocks, rear brake shoes and top radiator hose.
79K miles. Winter and summer plugs included. Reliable, CHEAP, transpor-
tation. Near BTL Naperville.

			Dave Rosik (312) 979-2671 (work)

rusty (05/17/82)

	From ucsfcgl!ucbvax!mhtsa!ihnss!ihuxv!dlr Sun May 16 11:29:55 1982
	Newsgroups: net.auto,net.wanted
	Subject: car for sale
	Article-ID: net.wanted/25

	For Sale:
	1974 Mazda RX-3. Body poor. New battery, water pump, rear wheel
	bearing, and exhaust. Michelin zx on all 4 corners. AM/FM
	cassette.  Hose heater. Runs good. Needs shocks, rear brake
	shoes and top radiator hose.  79K miles. Winter and summer
	plugs included. Reliable, CHEAP, transpor- tation. Near BTL
	Naperville.

				Dave Rosik (312) 979-2671 (work)

If you'll bring it out to San Diego so I can look at it I might consider
it.

kate@drufl.UUCP (Perry) (01/04/84)

                ******************
		*     FOR SALE   *
		*  1981 Chevette *
		******************

	Need to get out of loan to lease
	4-wheel drive vehicle. (If you knew
	where we lived, you'd know why!)
        AM/FM radio, snow tires.

	Asking: $ 3,000
        Shown:  Any lunchtime in Denver Parking
		Lot.

                            Kate Perry
			    31D48 x4805
			    drufl!kate

heneghan@ihuxa.UUCP (Joe Heneghan) (05/02/84)

1982 Firebird Transam:
 * Black/Gold w/tan interior
 * T top
 * smoked windows
 * tilt steering
 * power locks and windows
 * A/C
 * seek & scan digital cassette w/4 speakers
 * TBI fuel injection
 * programmable alarm
 * WS6 performance suspension
 * hitch (trailered a catamaran)
 * clean & mint
 * rear window defogger
 * $9750/ offer call 312-326-8388 (days) and ask for Mark Winter
 *           or call 312-890-4876 (nights) and ask for Mark Winter

rbose@hou2h.UUCP (R.BOSE) (07/11/84)

For Sale:

1977 Datsun B210 Sedan. Automatic, approximately 73K
miles. Has no rust (Texas and South Carolina car).
The AM radio comes with an FM convertor.
Has new radials (including the spare) and new exhaust system.
The car is in excellent running condition.

I would like to sell it for about $1500.

Ron Bose
AT&T Bell Labs, West Long Branch

Home phone: 671-2062 (Middletown)
Work phone: 870-7139
E-mail    : hou2g!rbose

burns@allegra.UUCP (Derrick R. Burns) (07/11/84)

1973 VW Beetle
	18,000 miles on rebuilt engine
	AM/FM stereo cassette
	new 5 year battery
	good running condition
	clean
	great gas mileage

$1750 or best offer

Going to Europe   ************MUST SELL**********~******

Sheryll Cashin     201 - 765-7220 (work)
                   201 - 932-0627 (home, after 6 PM)
--
				Derrick R. Burns
				ulysses!allegra!burns

kruger@ihuxo.UUCP (Mike Kruger) (07/14/84)

For Sale:

	1977 Buick Regal
	350 CID V8
	Good running condition.

	Asking:	$1700

	For more information:

	Mike Kruger
	312-979-2664	work
	312-355-7794	home

nd2k@homxa.UUCP (A.SCHWARZ) (08/13/84)

                   ***************************
                   VW GTI silver/blue interior
                      A/C, AM/FM Cassette.
                       Perfect condition
                           7500 miles
                            $7900
                    **************************

                                          call Kreg Ulery
                                           (201) 949-3596

hawk@oliven.UUCP (09/15/84)

--
[hplabs|zehntel|fortune|ios|tolerant|allegra|tymix]!oliveb!oliven!hawk

bob@islenet.UUCP (Robert P. Cunningham) (09/28/84)

[begin lampoon mode]

Seeing the articles in net.general for apartments to let in
Mississippi and '67 Plymouths for sale in Chicago I used to wonder:
Why would people advertise such things worldwide?

No more.  I've put 2+2 together, thanks to an obscure federal government
census report.  I now know the secret behind such postings.

The "Place of Work" report, compiled from 1980 federal census survey data,
describes the way people travel to their jobs in the U.S.  It's meant to
used by government agencies for transportation planning.

I found much mundane information about the state & city where I live.
E.g., the state of Hawaii has 412,307 workers, of which various percentages
travel to work via various means of transportation.

However...

Thirty-three people working in Honolulu reported that they rode to their jobs
in a subway, elevated train or by railroad.  Rather strange, since as far
as I know, Honolulu has never had a subway or elevated train...and the
railroads went out of business in the 1920's.

Could this mean that there is a secret rail transportation system, known only
to those 33 people?

Eight people living outside the state reported that it took them an average
of 28.4 minutes to commute to their jobs via bus vs. the 36.8 minutes it
took the 32,984 workers who live in the state to get to their jobs via bus.

The state of Hawaii is completely isolated in the middle of the Pacific
Ocean.  I refuse to believe those eight people live on the ocean.  Does
this mean that these eight people have access to a bus capable of making
quick overseas trips?

It gets even more interesting...

Exactly 204 people who live OUTSIDE the state WALK to work.  Presumably by
walking on water.

And - according to the report - there are MORE THAN 1,000 people who live
outside the state and travel to work by car.

I'd thought the out-of-state car license plates I saw in Honolulu were
simply the same plates that those cars had before being brought over here by
ship.  According to the federal report, I was wrong.  Some of those drivers
obviously commute daily.

Then, the other day, the proof.  I saw a '67 Plymouth with Illinois license
plates on the Lunalilo Freeway.  Note that despite its Hawaiian name, the
freeway is part of the federal "Interstate Highway" system!

Pulling up beside the car, I yelled over to the driver, "Did you actually
drive that car all the way to Hawaii?"

His answer was "Right.  Sure!"  He laughed and drove away, and I didn't
have a chance to ask him if he got the car through an advertisement in
net.general.

However, there's little doubt left in my mind.  The evidence is plain:
those old cars advertised worldwide because they are capable of
fast, WORLDWIDE travel!

In order to fully uncover the secret of net.general, I intend to buy the
very next '67 Plymouth advertised there for sale in Illinois, and learn
the secret of rapid intercontinental travel.  Who knows, some day I
may be able to commute from that apartment in Mississippi!
--
Bob Cunningham   ..{dual,ihnp4,vortex}!islenet!bob
Honolulu, Hawaii

mr@hou2h.UUCP (M.RINDSBERG) (01/31/85)

1982 TRANS AM, RED, FULLY LOADED, GOOD ALARM, GARAGED.

DO NOT RESPOND BY MAIL, CALL THE NUMBER BELOW AND ASK FOR JOHN.

			JOHN (718)639-6486

britt@mtuxo.UUCP (c.bur) (07/29/85)

83 BMW 320i for sale.  Black with pin stripe.  Parchment (cream) interior.
Luxus Package includes sun roof, stereo cassette, ac, power mirrors.
Five-speed transmission. Superb condition, meticulously maintained (oil
changed every 3500 miles).  Car has 58,000 miles, but will last for
300,000.  This is a well-built car, and has the same zip it had the
day I drove it off the lot.  Must sell now.  $8,800 firm.
Call 297-3729 after 6:30 pm or send mail.

*

qwerty@drutx.UUCP (Brian Jones) (07/29/85)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the net etiquette recommends that
autos for sale should not be posted to net.auto.  There seems to have
been a proliferation of these postings lately.  To those that are posting,
stop and consider that net.auto is seen in Europe, Canada, Australia,
and all of North America.  Ninety-nine percent of the people you are
reaching have no real interest in you selling your car in Podunk Junction.

Please restrict your auto for sale to your local area newsgroups - eg. nj.wanted.
Even na.wanted is too wide a distribution. In the case of this article, att.wanted
also is too wide.
--

Brian Jones  aka  {ihnp4,}!drutx!qwerty  @  AT&T-IS

cb@hlwpc.UUCP (Carl Blesch) (07/30/85)

> . . .stop and consider that net.auto is seen in Europe, Canada, Australia,
> and all of North America.  . . .

I thought Canada was in North America.  Am I mistaken?

"Fifty-four forty or fight" :-)
Carl Blesch

pete@stc.UUCP (Peter Kendell) (08/02/85)

In article <839@mtuxo.UUCP> britt@mtuxo.UUCP (c.bur) writes:
>83 BMW 320i for sale.  Black with pin stripe.  Parchment (cream) interior.
>Luxus Package includes sun roof, stereo cassette, ac, power mirrors.
>Five-speed transmission. Superb condition, meticulously maintained (oil
>changed every 3500 miles).  Car has 58,000 miles, but will last for
>300,000.  This is a well-built car, and has the same zip it had the
>day I drove it off the lot.  Must sell now.  $8,800 firm.
>Call 297-3729 after 6:30 pm or send mail.

Bring it round tomorrow night and I'll have a look at it. Sounds
good!
--
        Peter Kendell <pete@stc.UUCP>

        ...mcvax!ukc!stc!pete

	'Not everything that is not forbidden is permitted'

kyl@ttrdc.UUCP (Kwing Y. Lee) (08/07/85)

I am very interested in this car. Unfortunately, I live in Chicago. By the way,
why are you selling it.

                                                  Kwing

4342bob@homxb.UUCP (R.DEMARCO) (10/09/85)

	  1980 MUSTANG

	4 cyl.
	Automatic
	Power Steering
	AM/FM Stereo (4 Speakers)
	Digital Clock
	Oil, Temp & Volt Gauges
	Rear Window Defogger
	Tachometer
	~62,400 miles

	 Asking $2,700.00 or B/O

	Bob DeMarco    ...homxb!4342bob
	(201) 949-5099  (work)
	(201) 566-6553  (home)

pcl@petrus.UUCP (Paul Levin) (02/20/86)

FOR SALE:

	1978 FIAT 128

approx. 90,000 miles and still running!

lots of new parts --
	4 brand new tires -- steel belted radials,
	new battery,
	new altenator,
	new shocks,
	new wheel bearings,
	just tuned up,
	new brakes,
	and more.

extras --
	AM/FM stero, cassette,
	clock
	4 speed standard transmission

Asking --   $700.00 negotiable.

Call Paul at 829-4731 (Work) or 774-5601 (home).
Do not send computer mail!.