[comp.sys.atari.st] gcc & parse error in stdio.h

bayers@hub.cs.jmu.edu (brian ayers) (11/05/90)

I'm sure I saw this same question at one point, but I'm going to ask
it again.

I just downloaded gcc from atari.archive and can't even compile a
hello world type program without getting the error:

stdio.h:60 : parse error at null character.

Now, I've searched all through the blessed file for it, deleting
lines, adding lines, commenting out lines, and I can't get rid of
it!  I don't even seem to get it to stay in the same place (line 60)
when I add & delete lines.

Please let me know immediately if you can, I'm working on a virtual
file system for my operating systems class, and I really want to
do it in ANSI C (anyone else burned about Mark Williams C not
doing the upgrade thing?)  I've been able to work my way around it
by declaring the stuff I need inside my program, but it's a real
hassle.

JT

internet:	help_jt@vax1.acs.jmu.edu or
		bayers@hub.cs.jmu.edu

david@doe.utoronto.ca (David Megginson) (11/06/90)

In article <1990Nov5.014217.16763@hub.cs.jmu.edu> bayers@hub.cs.jmu.edu (brian ayers) writes:
>I'm sure I saw this same question at one point, but I'm going to ask
>it again.
>
>I just downloaded gcc from atari.archive and can't even compile a
>hello world type program without getting the error:
>
>stdio.h:60 : parse error at null character.
>
>Now, I've searched all through the blessed file for it, deleting
>lines, adding lines, commenting out lines, and I can't get rid of
>it!  I don't even seem to get it to stay in the same place (line 60)
>when I add & delete lines.
>
>Please let me know immediately if you can, I'm working on a virtual
>file system for my operating systems class, and I really want to
>do it in ANSI C (anyone else burned about Mark Williams C not
>doing the upgrade thing?)  I've been able to work my way around it
>by declaring the stuff I need inside my program, but it's a real
>hassle.
>
>JT
>
>internet:	help_jt@vax1.acs.jmu.edu or
>		bayers@hub.cs.jmu.edu

I have found that the problem, when it crops up, can be eliminated by
defining __NO_INLINE__ (or whatever the macro is). I think that it
is absent from the new mintlib.

David Megginson

/  David Megginson                      david@doe.utoronto.ca          /
/  Centre for Medieval Studies          meggin@vm.epas.utoronto.ca     /