[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm question

jmorton@newton.Berkeley.EDU (John Morton) (02/10/89)

Will someone tell me how to abort a dial immediately when the line
is busy?  I find that after hearing the busy signal I am helpless
for about 30 sec., until something times out I guess.

John Morton
jmorton@newton.berkeley.edu

cbz@mhuxu.UUCP (Craig B. Ziemer) (03/01/89)

I'm a new user of Uniterm.  I would like to do the following: define a
macro (function key) to dial the host, wait for the connection, then send
my login info.  Can some or all of this be done?  How?  Any help is
appreciated.

*  Craig B. Ziemer              %%      DISCLAIMER: AT&T does not  *
*  AT&T Bell Laboratories     %%%%%%    officially support what I  *
*  Reading, PA                  %%      just said, in fact, they   *
*  UUCP ADDRESS: mhuxu!cbz      %%            rarely do :^)        *

kethorpe@violet.uwaterloo.ca (Kevin Thorpe) (09/29/90)

I've recently begun using UNITERM and I have a couple of questions.

When I start it up it always gives me an error per restoring my setup.
What should the name of the setup file be to load automatically when I
start?  I tried DEFAULT.SET but to no avail.

Secondly, is there a way to have a set of phone numbers load
automatically as well?

Unfortunately, when the computer and UNITERM was given to me, there
was no documentation for me to look this up myself.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

felner@iiic.ethz.ch (Tomas Felner) (09/29/90)

In article <1990Sep28.235259.24143@watdragon.waterloo.edu> kethorpe@violet.uwaterloo.ca (Kevin Thorpe) writes:
>When I start it up it always gives me an error per restoring my setup.
>What should the name of the setup file be to load automatically when I
>start?  I tried DEFAULT.SET but to no avail.
The name is UNITERM.SET ...

>Secondly, is there a way to have a set of phone numbers load
>automatically as well?
Sure, use the menu 'Other/Dialer ...', enter your numbers and modem
characteristics, and select 'Save numbers' from the File menu. The file's
name here is UNITERM.TEL. It laods automatically on startup.
When you press the right mouse button, you get a popup menu where you can
select a phone number with one mouse click ...

>Thanks in advance
You're welcome.

>Kevin

Tomas Felner, felner@iiic.ethz.ch

marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Marshall Harris) (11/06/90)

I have a 1meg 1040ST, with TOS 1.0 :-(
What buffer sizes should I set for Uniterm, if I want to run zmodem from
within Uniterm? And which buffer goes with which size? Thanks.

						   || Marshall Harris
Internet/CSnet:     marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || Dept.of Computer Science
JANET:    marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uk.ac.ukc || University of Queensland
EAN:                marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || St Lucia, Queensland 4072
Bitnet:marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net || Australia
UUCP: uunet!munnari!batserver.cs.uq.oz.au!marshall || ph:  +61 7 377 2908
JUNET:              marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || fax: +61 7 371 0783
 	   "If you want to make god laugh, show him your plans"
	                   Woody Allen

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (11/06/90)

In article <5556@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>I have a 1meg 1040ST, with TOS 1.0 :-(
>What buffer sizes should I set for Uniterm, if I want to run zmodem from
>within Uniterm? And which buffer goes with which size? Thanks.

Although you can run rz/sz with about 90K of memory, I would suggest giving
200-300K to them.  Just increase the buffer called SYSTEM to 200-300 and you
should be able to run these programs just fine.  All the extra memory gets
used for the history buffer anyway so you really only need to budget UniTerm
about 250K.

BTW, this is the BEST ST terminal package I have ever seen...bar none.

Enjoy!

Chris
Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |