[comp.sys.atari.st] Which terminal-software ?

killer@niksula.hut.fi (Kalle Kivimaa) (11/08/90)

I'd like to know, if there is a terminal program for ST that would have
the following features:

  - Key translation tables

  - ZModem-support

  - VT100/220 emulation

  - Chain dialing (as in Vanterm, Procomm, Telix)

I have yet to hear from such a program.

Also, what is the current version on Uniterm?
* Kalle Kivimaa             *  In the beginning the Universe was created.   *
* JMT 7A123                 *  This has made a lot of people very angry and *
* 468 2041                  *  has widely been regarded as a bad move.      *

In article <KILLER.90Nov7170805@robocop.hut.fi> killer@niksula.hut.fi (Kalle Kivimaa) writes:
>I'd like to know, if there is a terminal program for ST that would have
>the following features:

>  - Key translation tables
	yep

>  - ZModem-support
	nope - call an external program. I have two function keys for
	calling rz and sz, with prompting in dialog boxes & such.

>  - VT100/220 emulation
	yep

>  - Chain dialing (as in Vanterm, Procomm, Telix)
	yep

>I have yet to hear from such a program.

Uniterm does all of that, and you've obviously heard of it since you mention
it on the next line...

>Also, what is the current version on Uniterm?

2.0e011.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Mac// - adv., q.v. MacToo, e.g.  McHave a McHappy McDay!
		McThanks, McYou MacToo!

In article <1990Nov7.192721.3123@math.lsa.umich.edu> hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:

>>  - Key translation tables
>	yep
>>  - ZModem-support
>	nope - call an external program. I have two function keys for
>	calling rz and sz, with prompting in dialog boxes & such.
>>  - VT100/220 emulation
>	yep
>>  - Chain dialing (as in Vanterm, Procomm, Telix)
>	yep
>>I have yet to hear from such a program.
>Uniterm does all of that, and you've obviously heard of it since you mention
>it on the next line...

Here in Finland Uniterm is considered somewhat buggy program...for example,
we have problems with X/YModem-download...

>>Also, what is the current version on Uniterm?
>2.0e011.

The reason for our complaints may be that we have 2.0e002!!
Well, I have to check the newest from atari.archive.  Thanks!

>--
>  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

>Mac// - adv., q.v. MacToo, e.g.  McHave a McHappy McDay!
>		McThanks, McYou MacToo!
* Kalle Kivimaa             *  In the beginning the Universe was created.   *
* JMT 7A123                 *  This has made a lot of people very angry and *
* 468 2041                  *  has widely been regarded as a bad move.      *

gcarter@globey.cs.wisc.edu (Gregory Carter) (11/11/90)

Is there a X TERM program for the ST?  Or X Windows support?

---GC