[comp.sys.atari.st] New TT Desktop

stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Steve Whitney) (11/04/90)

Folks, it looks like some of the upper management at Atari is reluctant
to release the nice new TT Desktop to the public on a disk...  Personally,
I think it would sell a lot of STEs.  Obviously, people aren't going to buy
an STE instead of a TT because it has the new desktop...

So, what's the best course of action?

We can write to Mr. Sam Tramiel, president of Atari Corp. and tell him what we
want.  If you'd be willing to pay for the new desktop on your old machine, tell
him that.  If you might buy an STE which had the new desktop included on a
disk, tell him that...  Tell him it will sell more STEs and Megas because it
looks so much nicer than the old one and everyone else's machine looks better
at the moment.

Anyway, you get the idea...  I'm composing my letter now, and you can too.

Here's the address:

	Atari Corp.
	1196 Borregas Ave.
	Sunnyvale, CA  94086

If enough of us write, it may happen.

Have a nice day,

	Steve

--
Steve Whitney   "It's never _really_ the last minute"       (())_-_(())
UCLA Comp. Sci. Grad. Student                                | (* *) |

uace0@menudo.uh.edu (Michael B. Vederman) (11/09/90)

In article <1990Nov3.205822.4009@cs.ucla.edu> stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Steve Whitney) writes:

>Folks, it looks like some of the upper management at Atari is reluctant
>to release the nice new TT Desktop to the public on a disk...  Personally,
>I think it would sell a lot of STEs.  Obviously, people aren't going to buy
>an STE instead of a TT because it has the new desktop...
>
>So, what's the best course of action?
>
>We can write to Mr. Sam Tramiel, president of Atari Corp. and tell him what we
>want.  If you'd be willing to pay for the new desktop on your old machine, tell
>him that.  If you might buy an STE which had the new desktop included on a
>disk, tell him that...  Tell him it will sell more STEs and Megas because it
>looks so much nicer than the old one and everyone else's machine looks better
>at the moment.
>Here's the address:
>
>	Atari Corp.
>	1196 Borregas Ave.
>	Sunnyvale, CA  94086
>
>If enough of us write, it may happen.

I've included the entire previous message because it is worth repeating.

In fact, it is worth repeating everyday until the end of the year (but I won't
do that to y'all :-).

The situation is seriously wrong at Atari and their thinking is all backwards,
at least with middle to upper management.

As one of the 'alternate' desktop manufacturers, we have openly posted that we
are completely in favor of Atari releasing the NewDesk to any machine it can
possible work on.  Why?

It will sell more machines, and the market for us poor starving developers may
pick up as a result.

Please, PLEASE, break your inertia of rest and write a letter (even a postcard)
to Sam Tramiel at Atari at the above address.

The United States market is shriveling up, and unfortunately, Atari is too
caught up in personal problems to see anything but their own misgivings.

Optism we have.  Power you have, please write Sam Tramiel.

- Mike Vederman / Double Click Software

BTW - thanks for the post Steve, it is well worth saying over and over again.

Double Click Me | Double Click Software | P.O. Box 741206 | Houston, Tx, 77274
Voice: (713)977-6520 | DC DESKTOP | DC FORMATTER | DC UTILITIES | and others

gcarter@globey.cs.wisc.edu (Gregory Carter) (11/13/90)

HA!  I would just love to know the guys(Sammy's that is) email address
and just barrage him with all kind of hate mail.

OOOOOOOFFFF course, now, the Tramelly's could be posing as ORDINARY users
and actually be reading this stuff we type in daily!

WE KNOW YOUR OUT THERE BIG T.  And if you can read this you better pay
attention!!!

But anyway, I posted a rather arcane(or was it innane?) message about
atari's seemingly GROSS under production, any production?, of MEGA 4
machines.  I am a developer and ordered one of thier machines last Oct
2 or 5th, and I STILL haven't gotten the thing yet!

Must be that stock price!!!  Gosh, I would hate to see Atari GO UNDER
with my check IN HAND!

--Gregory

(No fancy fotter, or footer, excuse me, just an average user, undergrad,
 here in Madison Wisconsn....I WISH I had a non destructable account!)